I think you’d have probably guessed this by now but if you haven’t, myself and my parents are massive cooking programme lovers! At this moment in time, I believe we’ve got four different cooking series on the go and I absolutely love it.
One of the cooking series were currently watching is Nadia Bakes, I’m literally obsessed with this women and the sweet treats she makes/creates!
During one of her episodes, she shared her Pavlova recipe and it really lit a spark in my mind that this was something I had to do for Christmas.
I’ve been wanting to bake a Pavlova for a long time now but honestly… I’ve never really had the confidence UNTIL i saw how easy they actually are to make.
So if your in the market for a Pavlova this Christmas, why not read the recipe I’ve written below and give it a go for yourself? Home made is always nicer than shop brought… well that’s what I say anyway.
Ingredients You Need To Make Pavlova:
- 6 Large Egg Whites
- 350g Of Caster Sugar
- 1tsp Of White Vinegar
- 1tsp Of Corn Starch
- 2tsp Of Vanilla Essence
How To Make Pavlova:
- Firstly, gather together your ingredients and equipment, line a baking tray with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 160C / 140C Fan / Gas Mark 3.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, using an electric whisk, whisk the 6 egg whites together until a soft peak forms.
- Once a soft peak is formed, gradually add the 350g of sugar a tablespoon at a time whisking on maximum speed until stiff and glossy.
- In a cup, mix together the 1tsp of white vinegar and 1tsp of corn starch until smooth. Once mixed, slowly stir into the egg whites alongside the 2tsp of vanilla essence.
- Using a small bowl in the middle of the parchment paper, dollop the meringue around the bowl (TIP: use a large tablespoon to dollop the mixture and go around the small bowl until you’ve used the mixture up).
- Using a fork, spike some of the dolloped meringue up to give it texture.
- Carefully lift the bowl and place into the cooker. Immediately reduce the temperature to 140C / 120C Fan / Gas Mark 1. cook for around one hour to one hour – 15 minutes, until the outside is hard but still white.
- Once cooked, turn the oven off and leave the pavlova inside the cooker for an hour or overnight to cool and dry (TIP: do not open the oven door).
Ingredients You Need To Decorate:
- 300ml Of Double Cream
- 1tbsp Of Vanilla Bean Paste
- 50g Of Icing Sugar
- 200g Of Fresh Strawberries
- 200g Of Fresh Raspberries
- 200g Of Blueberries
- Freeze Dried Raspberries
How To Decorate:
- Once your pavlova is cooked and cooled, it’s ready to start decorating.
- In a large bowl, using an electric whisk, whisk together the 300ml of double cream, 50g of icing sugar and 1tbsp of vanilla bean paste until a stiff peak forms.
- Once formed, dollop the whipped cream ontop of the meringue.
- Arrange the strawberries, raspberries and blueberries ontop of the cream and sprinkle over the freeze dried raspberries.
That’s your Christmas Wreath Pavlova prepared, baked and decorated, ready for you to enjoy.
Can we just take a moment to appreciate how damn easy this was to make yet it looks so delicate and professional. I’m obsessed!
This Christmas classic will go down a treat, that’s for sure! who needs to buy a pavlova when you can just make it yourself?
Please do let me know if you decide to give this a go yourself, how you found it and wether you enjoyed it or not. This is a bake I can actually eat and enjoy so let’s just say, I’m pretty impressed with how it turned out.
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,