I think its obvious by the bakes that I do that I’m not vegan but one thing I’ve been asked to do a few times now is to share some vegan recipes with you all.
It took me a while to find the perfect vegan bake which I know people of all food types will enjoy but I think I found the perfect one.
In my opinion, crumble is an all year round sweet treat. I know a lot of people think crumble is a winter bake but honestly, it isn’t. It just depends on the fruit you use to make your crumbles – I used fresh summer berries and my crumble instantly become the sweet treat everyone wanted to try!
So if you’d like to get baking these summer berry crumble bars, then the recipe is below:
Ingredients You Need For Crumble Base:
- 150g Of Porridge Oats
- 180g Of Plain All-Purpose Flour
- 130g Of Light Brown Sugar
- 1/3tsp Of Baking Powder
- 1/2tsp Of Cinnamon
- 175g Of Salted Butter (if you’ve vegan, use vegan butter or coconut oil cubed)
Ingredients You Need For Berry Filling:
- 2tsp Of Cornflour
- 1tbsp Of Fresh Lemon Juice
- 150g Of Raspberry Jam
- 400g Of Fresh Mixed Berries
How To Make Berry Crumble Bars:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment & ingredients, preheat the oven to 190C/350F/Gas Mark 5 and line a square baking tin with parchment paper.
- Secondly, in a large bowl mix together the 150g of porridge oats, 180g of plain flour, 130g of light brown sugar, 1/3tsp of baking powder and 1/2tsp of cinnamon.
- Next, add in the 175g of salted butter (or vegan butter / coconut oil) and rub in using your finger tips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Tip around 2/3rds of the mixture into the prepared baking tin, spread out the mixture and very firmly pack it down. TIP: use either the back of a spoon or your clean hands to push the mixture down firmly, it’s got to be packed tight otherwise it’ll crumble apart when cut.
- Bake the crumble mixture for around 15minutes until golden around the edges.
- Now to make the filling!
- Mix the 2tsp of cornflour and 1tbsp of lemon juice together in a large bowl to make a paste.
- Once you’ve made the paste, stir in the 150g of raspberry jam followed by the 400g of fresh mixed berries.
- Tip the filling over the base and spread level.
- Scatter over the remaining crumble mixture and bake for 25-30 minutes until the crumble is golden and the filling is bubbling.
- Once the crumble bars are baked, leave to cool in the tin then, once cooled carefully lift it out using the baking parchment.
- Cut into squares and serve. TIP: add custard and cream when serving, you won’t be disappointed!
That’s your Summer Berry Crumble Bars prepared, baked and ready to serve!
Like I mentioned above everything about this bake is vegan accept the butter, so if your vegan all you have to do is buy some vegan butter or coconut oil and you’ll be on your way!
These honestly take little to no time to prepared & bake and the end result is blooming tasty! If you want something fruity, this is defiantly a bake for you.
Let me know in the comments below or on my social media pages if there any other vegan bakes you’d like me to make. I’m always open to new suggestions and want nothing more than to be a page that everyone can come to and find something perfect for them.
Sending tons of love & hugs to you all as always,