Do you want a snack which takes little time to prepare & cook? Well ladies and gents this is the bake for you!
5 ingredients! 5 ingredients is all it took to create these bad boys and man, did they go down a treat.
I was scrolling through Pinterest (as I always do) looking for some savoury snacks I could make and share with you guys when I came across a pin board filled with different pinwheels and instantly, I knew I had to give them a go myself.
Now if you know me, you’ll know my ALL TIME favourite dinner is pizza, I’m a pizza addict – honestly I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner without getting bored.. well that was before my digestive system gave up on me anyway. So I thought that I’d combine the two and make my own pizza pinwheels!
So if your wanting to give these a go yourself, the recipe is below:
Ingredients You Will Need:
- 1 Ready-Rolled Puff Pastry
- 6tbsp Of Tomato Purées (Or Pizza Base)
- 100g Of Chedder Cheese (Or Mozzarella)
- 1 Onion, Diced
- Salt & Black Pepper To Season (If Desired)
How To Make Pizza Pinwheels:
- Firstly, gather together all your ingredients and equipment, preheat the oven to around 180C / 160F / Gas Mark 4 and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Secondly, unroll the pastry gently so that it doesn’t crack.
- Next, spread the tomato purée evenly across the top of the pastry, making sure you reach the edges.
- Now, sprinkle the cheese and diced onion over the purée. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Roll up the pastry lightly from one long side to the other starting with the side without the margin.
- Once you’ve rolled your pastry, slice into rolls of approximately 1inch.
- Place your pinwheels onto the baking trays so that the one side with the spiral is facing upwards. TIP: they should be well spaced apart as they’ll expand.
- Bake in the oven for around 18-20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and cooked through.
That’s your Pizza Pinwheels prepared, baked and ready to serve.
These are the perfect savoury snack for anyone of any age but especially for children. Not only is this the perfect bake for them to get involved with but also is the perfect ‘quick lunch’. Thanks to the puff pastry, a couple of these and you’ll full!
let me know in the comments below or on my social media platforms if you gave these a try yourself & what ingredients you added to your pizza pinwheels, as you obviously don’t need to stick to the ingredients I used.
Sending tons of love and hugs as always,