HAPPY BLOGMAS DAY 9!
Last year, I wrote a blogpost on ‘the christmas tag’ and answered all the questions that came alongside it which many of you seemed to enjoy reading.
Is there a better way of throwing yourself in the festivity than doing a big-old Christmas tag? Because it seems to be spiralling the internet continuously each year and I find my self indulging in them for hours as they are incredibly more’ish to read so I hope mine is also.
(FYI: some of these questions may be the same as last year but I thought I’d start a tradition on my blog that every year I do this tag and see if my answers change throughout the coming years etc)
What Is Your Favourite Christmas Movie/s?
– My favourite film since I was a little girl has been the Santa Clause films, (1, 2 & 3) as Tim Allen plays Santa Clause himself brilliantly. Alongside that, Elf defiantly begins to grow on me as it’s a amazing comedy that has everyone who watches it in stitches. I always love to snuggle down to a good Christmas film so I’ve watched my fair share of them throughout the years but these are my all time favourites!
Do You Open Your Presents On Christmas Eve Or Christmas Morning?
– I’ve never ever opened a Present Christmas Eve, I’ve always waited until Christmas morning. My mum always offers me a present to open on Christmas Eve but I personally love the feeling of opening all my presents around the tree on Christmas morning as to me that’s what feels right. Does anyone actually open all their presents Christmas Eve?
Do You Have A Christmas Memory That You Treasure?
– I’m beyond lucky to have so so many Christmas memories which ill treasure for eternity and I’d love to share them all but we’d be here forever. Although, one would have to be the last phone call I got off my Nan before she passed away a few days after Christmas. She gave me a call on Christmas morning which was lovely as it’s now my last memory of her.
Favourite Festive Food?
– Now people who know me personally will know that I absolutely HATE! roasts with a passion (yes I know, I’m in the minority of the population that hate it) so I certainly not going to be saying that. My favourite foods are the nibbly bits which are brought for the table for people to snack on throughout the day, that’s what I’d prefer to have over a Christmas dinner any day!
Favourite Christmas Gift?
– I’m extremely lucky when it comes to gifts as I always get the things I really wanted or needed so I’m not sure I can really pick one. Though when I opened the cereal box with my Olly Murs and Adele tickets I do remember bursting out crying with excitement so it did top me off that year.
Favourite Christmas Scent?
– Anything to do with spiced apple, cinnamon or gingerbread. Those are the scents I usually gravitate towards when it comes to candles as quite frankly I’d be happy having my house filled with those scents throughout the year as they’re so enticing.
What Is Your Favourite Christmas Song?
– it’s funny I’ve actually been debating this throughout the month of December as I love so many Christmas songs. I think it’s a toss up between ‘Band Aid – Do They Know It’s Christmas’, ‘Wham – Last Christmas’ and ‘Slade – Merry Xmas Everyone’ as these songs as possibly the most catchy classics out there. Plus, who doesn’t want to sing these at the top of their voices when they’re playing?
Do You Have Any Christmas Eve Traditions?
– Christmas Eve for me is just as exciting as Christmas Day. Every Christmas Eve since I was born (even before then) it’s been a family tradition that we go to the 4pm church service, once that’s finished as a family we head to my aunties for the evening to have food and chat etc, once everyone starts to feel tired we head home to get into our pyjamas to catch up with the soaps and then my mum sends me up stairs so she can get all the presents down stairs… yes I still go upstairs so I’m surprised when I go downstairs – and what? hahaha.
What’s Your Oldest Tree Decoration?
– I couldn’t say for sure but I think the oldest decoration is either this little robin that we’ve got sitting right at the top by our fairy that’s my dad’s decoration OR my aunties hand stitched decorations she done for us back before I was born.
What’s The Best Part About Christmas For You?
– I love the fact all my family comes together to celebrate. I love spending time with my family so it’s nice to see them during ‘The most wonderful time of the year’. Also, I absolutely adore giving my friends presents to show them my appreciation. I love knowing that Ive got them something their going to like and I sit with such excitement waiting for them to open – I’m like a kid.
Have You Ever Had A White Christmas?
– Oh how I wish we would but sadly most years it’s raining. Which i don’t mind it raining as Id much prefer it to be cosy but it’s a huge dream of mine to have a white Christmas. Surely it’s everyone’s dream isn’t it?
Where Do You Usually Spend Your Christmas’s?
– We stay at my home for Christmas, we always have and probably always will, even when I’ve got a partner and kids hahah. We don’t leave the house at all until after Boxing Day and it wouldn’t feel right even if we did. I love the fact I can slouch about in the pyjamas all day with no makeup surrounded by my loved ones and my new presents. it’s heaven!
Can You Name All Of Santa’s Reindeers?
– Dancer, Prancer, Dasher, Rudolph, Blitzen, Vixen, Donner and that’s it. I can’t remember how many he had either, is it eight? I could have completely made up some of these names but oh well, they sounded right at the time!
Is Your Tree Real Or Fake?
– My Tree is fake. We’ve never actually had a real tree in the 19 years I’ve been alive. My mum has a thing about the needles from the real tree dropping everywhere on the floor so the fake one was a better option. Although, you wouldn’t notice a difference! Our tree is beautiful and every year it looks that little bit better.
Be Honest, Do You Prefer Giving Or Receiving Gifts Better?
– I’ve always preferred giving people gifts than receiving them. I go very shy and embarrassed around people when they buy me gifts, I’m appreciative of course but it feels like I go into a shell. Therefore, I love to go OTT on buying my friends and family presents for Christmas. I love to watch them opening theirs and seeing their reactions. If you were to ask anyone, I was exactly the same when I was younger also, it’s just something I’ve grown up being like and haven’t grown out of.
What Would Be Your Dream Place To Visit For The Holiday Season?
– My dream would be to go to New York over the Christmas period, wether it’s before Christmas or actually over Christmas Day etc – it’s something I continuously go on about every year to my family. It’s so beautifully decorated over there, there’s so much to experience and you can ‘shop til you drop’! This has been on my bucket list for years now so hopefully one day I’ll be able to fly over there and experience the whole atmosphere of New York which is something I’ve always wanted.
Are You A Pro Wrapper Or Do You Fail Miserably?
– Now in my own rights I’m a pro at failing miserably, well that’s what I’m going to tell myself anyway. Honestly, I am horrific! my friends wrap their presents so beautifully, with ribbons and labels THEN they come to open mine which are wrapped like 5 y/o has done them and has more sellotape on it as i can’t get it to stick down properly. Wrapping isn’t my forte.
What Made You Realise The Truth About Santa?
– my mum told me when I was 10/11 I think? everyone in my Year was beginning to find out themselves so she told me and I was gutted, although, I still secretly believe he’s around! I’m such a big child when it comes to Christmas that not much changed anyway. I do miss not getting my yearly letter from Santa though telling me I was a good girl, how else do I know if I’ve been naughty or nice?
What Is Your All Time Favourite Holiday Treat/Food/Sweet?
– my favourite treat has always been Doritos (any kind) with a garlic or sour cream dip, ugh just writing it is making my mouth salivate.
What Makes The Holidays Special For You?
– I love the fact that it brings everyone together, arguments or not, people seem to put everything aside at Christmas time and enjoy the festive period. It’s lovely to see people happy and opening one another’s presents.
This may possibly be the longest Christmas Tag you’ve read (or felt like anyway) but I hope you enjoyed reading it despite that.
I’ve left a copy of the questions down below so if your wanting to have a go at this tag yourself, you can do OR if you know someone who will give these a go on their blog then make sure you share these with them. If you do give these a go, please leave your link below as I love reading through people’s answers and having a nosy into others Christmas traditions!
- What is your favourite Christmas Movie/s?
- Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
- Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
- Favourite festive food?
- Favourite Christmas gift?
- Favourite Christmas scent?
- Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
- What tops your tree?
- What’s the best part about Christmas for you?
- Have you ever had a white Christmas?
- Where do you usually spend your holiday?
- What is your favourite Christmas song?
- Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
- Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
- What is your all time favourite holiday treat/food/sweet?
- Be honest, do you like giving or receiving gifts better?
- What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
- Are you a pro present wrapper or do you fail miserably?
- What made you realise the truth about Santa?
- What makes the holidays special for you?
Sending you tons of love & hugs as always,