As you all can probably guess by now, Autumn is my favourite time of year with winter coming a very close second. Why? because not only do I love the clothes we can snuggle into, the colours that fill the surroundings, the atmosphere and the little things autumn has to offer but I also love the food
There’s something about Autumnal food which warms the heart in every way possible. Wether it’s the spices or it’s just the overwhelmingly good smells that fill your nose, i don’t know but autumnal food makes me feel so homely which is why I’ll be baking lots throughout the next few months.
If your new to baking or just love to bake whatever takes your fancy then this recipe I’m bringing you today is perfect for you! it’s quick, easy and has the simplest of steps which takes no time at all. This is actually a recipe I made up as I went along, i was inspired by a recipe I saw on Pinterest but made it my own, so before I ramble on anymore, let’s get baking these Apple Pie Bites;
- Pre-Made Puff Pastry In A Roll
- Mixed Spice
- Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Granny Smith Apples Sliced (slice the apples by cutting in half then slicing the halves into 5/6 long, thin slices)
- Butter, Melted
How To Make;
- Firstly gather together all your equipment, ingredients, preheat your oven to 375 degree’s F, gas mark 5, 190oC and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Secondly, roll out the pre-made puff pastry and carefully cut 12 isosceles triangles (or as many as you possibly can with the amount of pastry you have). The size of the triangles I personally done by gut instinct.
- Next, in a small bowl combine the light brown sugar and mixed spice. make sure you taste it just in case it’s not even quantities.
- Once you’ve got your perfect brown sugar mixture, evenly distribute onto each triangle making sure you pack it on to get enough flavour.
- Now, melt the butter and toss the sliced apples through the butter.
- Place a apple slice on the wide end of each triangle, then wrap that apple slice in pastry, add another apple slice and continue wrapping the pastry until it’s completely wrapped.
- Brush each apple bite with the remaining melted butter, making sure it’s throughly covered. Furthermore, sprinkle lightly with the brown sugar mixture.
- Finally, bake for 15-20 minutes BUT make sure you keep an eye on them as they can burn easily. Cool for 5 minutes once out the oven before serving.
That’s my Apple Pie Bites prepared, baked and served! these honestly didn’t last 5 minutes in my house before they were demolished, so I know I’ll be making more. What I love about this kind of recipe is, you can always experiment and change ingredients around – this is something I’ll definitely be doing.
I really hope you liked today’s blogpost and give these a go yourself. If you do, please make sure you let me know in the comments or on my social media’s as I’d love to know what you think. Tag me in your photo’s too as I always enjoy seeing other people’s outcomes.
I’m sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,