Hello my lovelies,
How are you? Recently I’ve been loving “Mary Berry, Everyday” as not only am I a huge fan of Mary Berry herself but this series is truly informative to us bakers who are wanting to learn more and is so satisfying to watch.
Whilst watching the series, Mary Berry bakes a beautiful Raspberry & White Chocolate Cheesecake and from the moment I laid my eyes on cheesecake, I knew I had to give it a whirl myself. I’m not lying when I say Mary Berry makes this cheesecake look like a dream. Mary teaches us the easiest way to make this dreamy desert and there’s no doubt about it, I can always trust Mary with her recipes as they’ve never let me down as of yet. With 70 cookbooks out to date, Mary Berry truly is the queen of baking!
Anyway, let’s get on with the cheesecake;
- 150g / 5oz Digestive Biscuits
- 60g / 2.1oz Butter, plus extra for greasing
- 1 Tbsp Demerara Sugar
- 200g / 7oz White Chocolate
- 1 x 250g Tub Of Full-Fat Mascarpone Cheese
- 300ml (10fl oz) Pouring Double Cream
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 500g / 15oz Fresh Raspberries
- 1 Tbsp Icing Sugar
Method For Cheesecake:
- Firstly, gather together all your ingredients and the list of equipment which will include; 20cm (8in) round spring-form tin with deep sides and a piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle – but this is optional. Once you’ve gathered that equipment, make sure you butter the base of the tin and Lin with a disc of baking paper.
- Secondly, to make the base, measure the biscuits into a resealable freezer bag and with a roiling pin or base of a sauce pan, crush the biscuits into fine crumbs, but still with a bit of texture.
- Next, heat the butter in a small saucepan over low heat until just melted. Add the crushed biscuits and demerara sugar and stir until combined.
- Then, spoon into the base of the prepared tin and press with the back of a spoon until level. Once level, chill in the fridge while you make your topping.
- Break the white chocolate into a separate bowl and sit it on top a pan of shimmering water. Then, stir until melted but not hot and leave to cool down for 5-10 minutes until cool but still liquid.
- Meanwhile, tip the mascarpone into a bowl and mix with a spatula to loosen so it is soft. Stir in the cream and vanilla extract, stirring with the spatula until smooth.
- Now, to make coulis for the top of the Cheesecake, place half the raspberries into a small blender or food processor. Add icing sugar and whizz until runny then pour through a sieve to remove the seeds.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the bowl with the mascarpone mixture and stir to combine, taking care not to over mix.
- Next, spoon half the white Chocolate mixture on to the biscuit base in the tin. Use the handle on the teaspoon to make a few small holes in the white chocolate mixture, pushing right down to the top of the biscuit base.
- Then, pour of pipe enough of the coulis into the holes to fill them, setting the remaining coulis aside for decorating the top of the Cheesecake. Furthermore, pour the remaining white chocolate mixture on top and smooth and level the top gently. Cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for a minimum of 6 hours or ideally overnight.
- To decorate in the morning, arrange the rest of the raspberrys on top of the cheesecake and drizzle over the remaining coulis over top. Then, run a palette knife around the edge of the tin before removing the sides and base of the tin and then sit the cheesecake on a fancy serving plate ready to show your loved ones or guests!
And that’s your cheese cake, preheated, chilled and served. Yum! The smells which come from this cheesecake are just divine so I can only imagine what it tastes like. Let’s just say, this cheesecake was demolished rather quickly…
Do you like cheesecake? If so, make sure you give this Recipe a go. It’s so quick and easy to bake, you’ll thank me for it later haha. Furthermore, If you do give this recipe a try – make sure you tag me in your final piece. I’d love to see your Cheesecakes!
I really hope you enjoyed today’s blogpost, I loved baking this so I hope you liked reading and seeing my final outcome!
Sending you tons of love and hugs as always,