I’m really in my cake era at the moment so I’ll give you a second to take a wild guess as to what I’m sharing with you today. Yup, a loaf cake and boy is it good!
We all know that the raspberry and lemon combo is an absolute dream. I must say, this combo defiantly has to be up there in my favourite ever and i know I’m not just speaking for myself either! So, I couldn’t let summer pass without sharing another recipe containing the combo, I just couldn’t.
Now, if you’ve been here a while, you’ll know I’ve shared my fair share of recipes containing this combo so you best believe I was shock to the core when I realised I hadn’t shared a loaf cake containing them. Therefore, it was time to change that.
Here I am today, sharing with you a raspberry & lemon loaf cake, only this loaf cake contains a lil something different. If you’ve seen by the title, todays loaf cake is made with mascarpone.
I haven’t baked much with mascarpone but let’s just say, it made such a soft, light and airy sponge and I’m officially wanting to bake every cake with mascarpone in. If I do say so myself, this loaf cake was pretty close to perfection. It was an absolute delight.
I couldn’t gate-keep from you all so like the angel I am, I’m sharing this incredible loaf cake with you today. You know the drill, keep on scrolling as the recipe is below:
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 50-60 Minutes
Decorating Time: 5 Minutes
Overall Time: 75-80 Minutes
Ingredients You Need For Loaf Cake:
- 180g Of Mascarpone
- 2 Eggs
- 100g Of Vegetable Oil
- 100g Of Caster Sugar
- 3tsp Of Sicilian Lemon Extract
- 180g Of Plain Flour
- 1tsp Of Baking Powder
- 300g Of Frozen Raspberries
Ingredients You Need To Decorate:
- 50g Of Icing Sugar
- 5ml Of Water
- 1tsp Of Sicilian Lemon Extract
- 10g Of Freeze-Dried Raspberries
How To Make Loaf Cake:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a loaf tin with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 180C / 160C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, using an electric whisk, beat together the 180g of mascarpone, 2 eggs, 100g of vegetable oil and 100g of caster sugar until smooth.
- Next, beat in the 3tsp of sicilian lemon extract.
- Now, beat in 180g of plain flour and 1tsp of baking powder until well combined and smooth.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in 250g of raspberries into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the pre-lined loaf tin and sprinkle the remaining 50g of raspberries across the top of the mix.
- Place the loaf tin into the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes, until a skewer placed into the centre comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 25-30 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely.
How To Decorate The Loaf Cake:
- When the cake has cooled, it’s time to decorate.
- In a small bowl, add the 50g of icing sugar, 1tsp of sicilian lemon extract and 5ml of water and mix together until a thick paste like consistency has formed (TIP: if the mixture is really runny, add more icing sugar to thicken but if the mixture is too thick, add a dash of water to loosen).
- Pour the icing over the top of the loaf tin, making sure the entire top is covered (it will run down the sides, I personally like that look).
- Finally, sprinkle over the 10g of freeze-dried raspberries.
That’s your Raspberry & Lemon Mascarpone Loaf Cake prepared, baked and decorated, ready for you to demolish!
This flavour combo wins my heart: Every. Damn. Time! Its just the best, I don’t want to hear differently.
I love the simplicity of todays bake, I love that it takes little to no time to prepare and even less time to decorate. I also love that its punchy, zesty, light and airy – all the things you could possibly want from a cake!
Every single one of you reading this post today will be able to create this beauty so no excuses my lovelies! Get yo butt into that kitchen haha.
Let me know in the comments below if you make this loaf cake yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on it. Are you as obsessed as me with the flavour combo?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,