Easter may be over but don’t you worry, I’ve got a whole bunch of sweet treats and savoury snacks up my sleeve which I know you’ll LOVE.
You didn’t honestly think the sweet treats would stop after easter, did you? It’s me afterall, your go-to girl for everything unhealthy yet utterly delicious. I’ve got your year covered, don’t you worry!
For the first blogpost back after easter it only felt right to continue with the chocolatey goodness (because, who doesn’t love chocolate?) and I think todays recipe is the perfect fit.
These are my ridiculously quick and easy, gooey, flakey, chocolatey, mouth-wateringly-good mini chocolate puff pastries which I think are blooming heavenly. I don’t know if you could tell that from that description or not haha.
If you’ve been around here a while, you know my mantra for everything baking is that ‘homemade is better’ and I defiantly think these pastries prove that. Who needs to go to the shops to buy them when you can make them from the comfort of your own home?
Plus, shop brought are tight AF with their chocolate centres, least at home you can add as much chocolate as your chocolate loving heart desires. If that alone doesn’t win you over, I don’t know what will.
So, if these pastries take your fancy, get that apron on, get that butt of yours into the kitchen and let’s get baking…
Category: Breakfast / Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 Minutes
Overall Time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 1 Sheet Of Ready-To-Roll Puff Pastry
- 1 Jar Of Nutella (Or Any Type Of Chocolate Spread)
- 100g Of Chocolate Chips
- 1 Large Egg, Beaten
How To Make Chocolate Pastries:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a two baking trays with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas Mark 5.
- Secondly, take the sheet of puff pastry out the fridge, leave on the side for a couple of minutes before removing from packaging and unrolling (TIP: if tearing is to happen whilst unrolling, just take the tips of your fingers and press the pastry back together again).
- Next, once unrolled, slather the Nutella across the entire sheet of pastry.
- Then, sprinkle the 100g of chocolate chips over the top of the nutella.
- Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut strips of pastry which are roughly 2cm wide by 23cm long.
- Beginning at the skinny end, roll up the pastry from one skinny end to the other and then, continue to roll each strip of pastry the same way.
- Place the mini pastries seam side down onto the pre-lined baking tray, a few inches apart to allow for spreading.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the pastries with the beaten egg to give them a golden glow.
- Now place into the oven and bake for around 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and pastry is cooked through (TIP: if the pastries are darkening on the outside but the pastry remains uncooked all the way through, place some foil over the top of the pastries to stop the tops from burning).
- Finally, once baked, take out the oven and leave on the tray to cool for 5 minutes. I’d always recommend serving these whilst they’re warm.
That’s your 4 Ingredient Mini Chocolate Puff Pastry Rolls prepared and baked, ready for you to enjoy!
Who doesn’t love a chocolate pastry? It’s even better when you know they’re homemade and come fresh from the oven. My mouth is watering just typing about it.
It’s always a special treat when someone brings out the chocolate pastries, especially if they’re for breakfast! It usually means either someone’s visiting or it’s someone’s birthday and I LOVE it. Can anyone relate to this?
Let me know in the comments below if you make these pastries yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on them. Are these not the quickest, easiest most tasty pastries you’ve made? I’m obsessed and I know you will be too.
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,