Happy New Year!
I hadn’t planned to take time away from my blog after christmas – a couple of days off posting was what I had in mind but unfortunately, the last few weeks have thrown some real hard times at us as a family and to be completely honest with you, I just haven’t been in the right head space to write.
Over the last few weeks I’ve been away, I’ve actually realised that despite my head being all over the place, one of the things which was contributing to my low mood was the fact I hadn’t blogged. Blogging is my happy place. Blogging is the one thing which has kept me going since falling ill. My chronic illnesses have taken so much from me over the last 9 years but the one thing that has continuously brought me great joy despite all the suffering is my blog. So, after my realisation, i gave myself a firm talking too and I’m FINALLY back posting after what feels like a lifetime away!
Anyone else feel like January has lasted a ridiculously long time? Gosh… me too.
Now, if you’ve been here a while, you’ll know I usually kick start the first blogpost of the year being a recipe but I’ve had todays post in mind for a while now and it just felt right to start my 2023 content with a favourites (what a throwback, ay?).
I actually get questioned a lot about my favourite things I use for/whilst baking. I don’t tend to go into great detail about the things I’ve used, so I thought being the angel that I am, I’d put all my favourite baking things into one big blogpost so it’s all in one place for you guys to easily access if and when needed. I do want to just mention before moving on, that none of the websites or blogs I’ve linked below are sponsoring me – all of the bakers and brands I’ve mentioned are absolute favourites of mine and are what/who I’d highly recommend and direct anyone too.
Yup, it’s a lengthy one today my loves so buckle up. Todays post contains literally everything I love when it comes to baking and what you need in your life wether your a beginner, hobby baker, professional or just like to bake the odd thing every now and then.
Before I ramble on for any longer,
let’s get into it…
FAVOURITE IG FOOD BLOGGERS OF 2022
I feel like 2022 was the year that I actually took the time every month to just sit down quietly and scroll through Instagram to find new and exciting food bloggers.
I totally agree with people when they say that you should only follow people on social media who empower and inspire you and that is exactly what these fellow foodies below do for me. Their creativity and uniqueness have me wanting to re-create everything they post, their content has me wanting to push myself beyond my comfort zone and each of them have me waking up every morning with the excitement to get into the kitchen and bake until my hearts content. Need I say more…
- janespatisserie | https://instagram.com/janespatisserie?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
- bakingwithblondie | https://instagram.com/bakingwithblondie?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
- pinkaliciousbakes | https://instagram.com/pinkaliciouscakes?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
- beautyanddasweetz | https://instagram.com/beautyanddasweetz?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
- thelittleblogofvegan | https://instagram.com/thelittleblogofvegan?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
- beckyexcell | https://instagram.com/beckyexcell?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
- tallgirlbakes | https://instagram.com/tallgirlbakes?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
- nourishing.amy | https://instagram.com/nourishing.amy?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
- cooking_with_fire__ | https://instagram.com/cooking_with_fire___?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
- fitwafflekitchen | https://instagram.com/fitwafflekitchen?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
- hopeandhummus | https://instagram.com/hopeandhummus?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
- charlottebakes | https://instagram.com/charlottebakes___?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
- sashacakeschicago | https://instagram.com/sashacakeschicago?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
- alexskitchenbangers | https://instagram.com/alexskitchenbangers?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
- laneandgreyfare | https://instagram.com/laneandgreyfare?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
- thebakingexplorer | https://instagram.com/thebakingexplorer?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
- aspoonofvanilla | https://instagram.com/aspoonofvanilla?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
FAVOURITE COOKING BOOKS OF 2022
2022 really was the year I found my love for cooking books!
Don’t get me wrong, I’ve brought cooking books previous to 2022 but last year I really took the time to find and buy books that gave me a rush of excitement to get in the kitchen and bake. Put it this way, you know a books good when you place sticky notes on a ridiculous amount of pages throughout the book of recipes you want to re-create and that’s exactly what these books I’ve linked below done for me.
- Jane Dunn – Jane’s Patisserie: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Janes-Patisserie
- Jane Dunn – Jane’s Patisserie Celebrate: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Janes-Patisserie-Celebrate
- Becky Excell – How To Bake Anything Gluten Free: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anything-Gluten
- Eloise Head – Fit Waffles Baking It Easy: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fitwaffles-Baking-Easy-3-ingredient
- Nadiya Hussain – Nadiya’s Everyday Baking: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nadiya-7-Hussain
- Holly Jade – The Little Book Of Vegan Bakes: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Little-Book-Vegan-Bakes
- Cupcake Jemma – Crumbs & Doilies: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crumbs-Doilies-mouth-watering-YouTube-sensationl
- Kay Allinson – Pinch Of Nom Quick & Easy: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pinch-Nom-Quick-Easy-Delicious
- Nadiya Hussain – Nadiya Bakes: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nadiya-Bakes-Hussain5
I cannot wait to see what cook books are released in 2023! I may or may not have brought 4 new books already…
FAVOURITE CAKE DECORATING WEBSITES OF 2022
If you love to decorate your bakes – these are the websites you need to check out!
Each website I’ve listed below is 100% high quality products for such amazing prices. You most certainly do not have to buy crazily high priced sprinkles, toppers, cupcake cases etc because quite frankly, they’re exactly the same as the lower priced ones (I personally think your paying for the brand name rather than the products).
With that being said, the websites I’ve listed below, their products are priced amazingly, are top quality in both looks and taste and I most certainly couldn’t recommend them enough.
- The Cake Decorating Company: https://www.thecakedecoratingcompany.co.uk/
- Lakeland’s: https://www.lakeland.co.uk
- Hobby Craft: https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk
- The Vanilla Valley: https://thevanillavalley.co.uk
- Cake Craft Company: https://www.cakecraftcompany.com/cake-decorating-supplies-c338/sprinkles-c489
- Sugar & Crumbs: https://www.sugarandcrumbs.co.uk
- Iced Jems Shop:https://www.icedjemsshop.com
FAVOURITE BAKING EQUIPMENT WEBSITES OF 2022
As a hobby baker (hoping to one day expand from that), I have invested a lot of money into equipment and in my humble opinion, I’ve accumulated the best of the best.
Now, depending on the equipment, I’d defiantly say the price tag varies! I certainly wouldn’t go mad on buying expensive cupcake tins (as you put cupcake cases in them) whereas, I’d defiantly say that investing in a good non-stick baking tray from scoville or a good heavy-duty, loose bottomed 8inch cake tin from procook is worthwhile.
I’d always recommend good quality equipment purely for the fact it is guaranteed to last a lifetime. Equipment like a metal spatula or wooden spoon can be brought from anywhere but tins, trays etc are worth spending that little bit extra on if you can.
- Procook: https://www.procook.co.uk
- Scoville (NeverStick Range): https://www.scoville.me/product-category/scoville/
- Lakeland: https://www.lakeland.co.uk/shop/baking
FAVOURITE SPRINKLE BRANDS OF 2022
Ok. 2022 may have been the year I became ridiculously obsessed with sprinkles!
I’ve brought from each of these brands of sprinkles below and I can fully vouch that each sprinkle brand delivers such high quality, unbelievably good sprinkles – can’t complain at that now, can we?
- Happy Sprinkles: https://www.thecakedecoratingcompany.co.uk/happy-sprinkles-m498
- Sprinkly: https://sprinkly.co.uk
- Halo Sprinkles: https://www.cakecraftcompany.com/halo-sprinkles
- Dr Oetker: https://www.oetker.co.uk/products/s/home-baking/edible-decorations
- PME Out The Box Sprinkles: https://www.cakecraftcompany.com/search/out-the-box-sprinkles
- Fancy Sprinkles: https://www.cakecraftcompany.com/search/fancy-sprinkles
- Make A Wish Sprinkles: https://www.thecakedecoratingcompany.co.uk/make-a-wish-bohemian-sprinkle-mix-p14089
- Sprinkletti: https://www.thecakedecoratingcompany.co.uk/sprinkletti-m457
- Any Supermarket Own Brand Sprinkles: https://groceries.asda.com/search/Asda%20sprinkles
Damn! That’s a hella long post BUT I do feel I’ve covered all bases when it comes to my favourite baking things and the products I’ve recommended are the best of the best. Nothing less for you guys.
Let me know in the comments below if you have any recommendations of websites at all that I haven’t mentioned on here myself or let me know if you love the same brands as myself and if so, what your favourite products from them are. I love hearing peoples favourites and I do love me a good old shopping spree on a new websites online (mind you, my bank would probably disagree haha).
2023 is all about continuing to work and practice on my baking to bring you the best of the best content! I promise, this is going to be one hell of a year, so saddle up and enjoy the ride.
I hope the beginning of this year / January has been kind to you. It certainly hasn’t been to us so anyone else who is suffering right now, please know that it’s okay to be feeling how your feeling and it’s nothing to shy away about. Speak to someone, let those you love know how your feeling BUT if you don’t feel you can talk to those around you – there’s always talk rooms / charities online who will listen and help you through this dark time. Please, keep strong – you’ve got this.
I’m manifesting good things to happen for us all throughout 2023!
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,
Welcome back Elle! Thanks for sharing all your favourites – I’ll check them out!