Can someone please explain to me how on earth we are on the 24th of December already? I can’t wrap my head around how quick christmas has crept up on us, it’s madness.
Not only is today Christmas Eve but it’s also the final day of my christmas recipe blogposts and I don’t think I could have possibly ended with a more perfect recipe. Here I am, on Christmas Eve, sharing with you the ultimate christmas dinner leftovers toastie!
Todays toastie is massively inspired by the ‘turkey toastie’ which M&S brought out with their festive menu. My mum tried this toastie for the first time last year I believe and still to this day, she talks about how delicious it was.
You know a toastie is GOOOOD when you look forward to it coming back out, all year round!
A couple of weeks ago i had some turkey leftovers and it dawned on me that I should try to make my own version of the M&S toastie. Therefore, you no longer have to wait around for december to arrive – you can make your own turkey toastie which is just as delicious, from the comfort of your own home Sounds good, doesn’t it?
So, don’t go wasting your roast dinner leftover this Christmas, save them for the festive toastie of dreams which you can enjoy on Boxing Day… and the days to follow!
If you’d like to make this toastie yourself, get your leftovers ready and let’s get making.
Category: Lunch / Dinner
Overall Time: 20 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 4 Slices Of Brown Thick Slice Bread (Or A Bread Of Your Choice)
- Left Over Turkey / Chicken, Shredded
- Cranberry Sauce
- Brie, Sliced Thinly
These are the ingredients which I added to my leftover toastie BUT you could also a thick layer of leftover stuffing across the top of the cranberry sauce.
How To Make Your Leftover Toastie:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients and get your serving plates at the ready.
- Secondly, depending on your temperature preference, place your shredded turkey / chicken into the microwave to heat for just under a minute (TIP: meat heats very quickly). Once heated, take out the oven and set aside.
- Cut the brie into thin slices and set aside.
- Place the 4 slices of thick brown bread into the toaster.
- Once the bread has toasted, place onto your serving plate and using a knife or spoon, spread a generous layer of cranberry sauce on one side of all four pieces.
- Now, place the shredded turkey (wether that’s heated or cold) on two slices of bread, on top of the cranberry sauce.
- Top the turkey with several slices of brie.
- Place the other two slices on toast, cranberry sauce down ontop of the sliced brie.
- Finally, push the toasties together and using a sharp knife, cut in half to create two separate sandwiches.
That’s your Christmas Dinner Leftover Toastie prepared and assembled, ready for you to enjoy!
You can’t tell me that this toastie doesn’t look and sound the bees knees! It’s a must try this Christmas.
And that’s it my lovelies, that’s my christmas bakes for 2022 over and complete! I’ve had the most incredible time baking these festive treats to share with you all and I really hope you’ve loved the recipes I’ve created as much as I do.
It never ceases to amaze me that so many of you read, like and comment on my posts. What a year of baking it’s been! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the continued loved and support, it means more than words could possibly say.
From my family to yours, Merry Christmas! I hope you all have a magical day.
I know christmas can be an incredibly difficult time for those who are suffering from mental health. So, I wanted to share a few of charities whose phone lines are open throughout the Christmas period for those who are in need of help.
- Sussex Mental Health Line: 08000309500
- Childline: 0800 1111
- CALMS: 0800585858
- Samaritans: +44-116-123 (freephone)
- National Domestic Abuse Helpline: 08082000247
- The Silver Line: 08004708090
- Family Lives Helpline: 08088002222
- Alcoholics Anonymous National Helpline: 08009177650
& there are plenty more helplines available over Christmas! ITV’s This Morning have shared lots more over on their website: https://www.itv.com/thismorning/articles/christmas-helplines
If you are feeling really unsafe and need emergancy care, please go to your local A&E or call 999.
If you don’t feel like you can talk to those closest to you about how your feeling then PLEASE give the helplines above a ring and just talk. Don’t feel embarrassed to open up and get how your feeling off your chest – talking is key to recovery. You deserve to be here, remember that!
My thoughts are with you all.
Let me know in the comments below if you make a leftover toastie and if you do, what your thoughts are on it. Did you add or take away anything from the ingredients above to make your toastie?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,