I hadn’t actually planned to share this recipe on my blog this year because I had already shared a delicious, festive cupcake recipe with you all last month BUT I loved the finished result of these cupcakes so much and I just knew you guys would too! So here I am today bringing you my version of these reindeer cupcakes…
I baked these cupcakes towards the end of last month for a christmas fayre which was being held down at my local church. Every year I get asked to bake some cupcakes for them and of course, the answer is always yes. Usually, I would buttercream the cupcakes and finish them off with either some christmas toppers or sprinkles (or both depending on how jazzy I was feeling haha) but this year, I fancied taking my cupcakes up a notch.
At the beginning of last month, I saw pictures of these amazing reindeer cupcakes circling the gram and me being me, fell in love. I loved that it was such a simple recipe to achieve yet looked really professional. I also knew they’d be a hit with the kids so of course, I got baking a batch of my own.
If you’ve been reading my festive posts this year, you’ll know I’m trying my upmost hardest to share recipes with you which are simple and achievable. With that in mind, I’ve made sure that the instructions for todays cupcakes are as easy as possible to follow. Mind you, if I’m being totally honest, I don’t think you could possibly mess these cupcakes up! Even if the buttercream is dolloped on messily and the reindeers eyes or antlers are wonky, these cupcakes will still look blooming brilliant (in my humble opinion, it gives the reindeers personality if they aren’t ‘perfectly made’).
Oh, another added bonus… these are a guaranteed hit with the kids! I know this because the kids down the church fayre sold these out pretty damn quickly.
So, if these reindeer cupcakes have caught your eye, get your baking gear on and let’s get creating these together:
Category: Sweet Treats
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 Minutes
Decorating Time: 20 Minutes
Overall Time: 60+ Minutes
Ingredients You Need For Cupcakes:
- 225g Of Butter / Stork
- 225g Of Caster Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs
- 225g Of Self-Raising Flour
- 25g Of Cocoa Powder
- 1tsp Of Baking Powder
Ingredients You Need For Decorating:
- 150g Of Unsalted Butter
- 300g Of Icing Sugar
- 25g Of Cocoa Powder
- 32 Edible Eye Decorations
- 16 Pretzel’s, Broken In Half
- 16 Red Smarties Or M&M’s
How To Make Cupcakes:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a cupcake tin with cupcake cases and preheat the oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas Mark 6.
- Secondly, in a large mixing bowl, using an electric whisk, beat the 225g of butter with 225g of caster sugar until light in colour and fluffy in texture.
- Next, one at a time, beating well between each addition, add the 4 large eggs.
- Now, mix in 225g of self-raising flour, 25g of cocoa powder and 1tsp of baking powder until just combined.
- Using a icecream scoop or tablespoon, scoop the cake batter into the cupcake cases.
- Place the cupcakes into the oven for around 20-25 minutes until a skewer placed into the centre comes out clean.
- Once the cakes are baked, take out the oven and leave in the tin to cool for 5 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool down completely.
How To Make The Buttercream & Decorate The Cupcakes:
- Now that the cupcakes have cooled, it’s time to decorate.
- In a large bowl, using a electric whisk, beat the 150g of unsalted butter to loosen.
- Next, gradually add the 300g of icing sugar and 25g of cocoa powder to the beaten butter and continue to beat together until a buttercream has formed.
- Place a star shaped nozzle into a piping bag.
- Put the buttercream into the piping bag and pipe the buttercream onto the cupcakes (TIP: I start piping from the centre and work my way up).
- Finally, place the eyes and nose onto the front and centre of the buttercream and then place the pretzel antlers into the top of the buttercream.
That’s your Reindeer Cupcakes prepared, baked, decorated and ready for you to enjoy!
Wether your a baking professional, a hobby baker or just like to do the occasional bake when you’ve got time – these cupcakes are so damn easy to create and as you can see from the photos above, the finished look is 10/10!
You could even get the little ones involved in making and decorating these. I can imagine this to be the perfect recipe for some festive fun.
You know what else these cupcakes are guaranteed to do? They are guaranteed to get the christmas spirit running through those veins of yours… Therefore, not only are these bloody delicious to eat but if you feel like your lacking the joy of Christmas, these will be your festive saviour!
Let me know in the comments below if you make these cupcakes yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on them. Are you as happy with the outcome as I am?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,