Back in October, I wrote a blogpost that featured three incredibly quick and easy sweet treat recipes, all of which were Halloween themed.
Now, I try to not get caught up on views as it can cause me to feel deflated at times BUT, I just so happened to have a look at the response from that blogpost and I was floored. It’s one of my most read blogposts to date and that instantly got me inspired. It got me inspired to do a Christmas version.
I had a few different recipe ideas running through my mind when planning this post, I spent a lot of time back and forth but after careful consideration, these are the three recipes that made the cut and I just LOVE them.
I made sure that regardless of wether your a total beginner or a professional baker, you can make these, in little time and be chuffed with the outcome. After all, who doesn’t love a recipe that ticks all the right boxes? Especially if they’re festive themed also, it’s a no brainier!
So, if your looking for a recipe which includes all the above, look no further. Scroll down, find your perfect recipe and let’s get creating:
Gingerbread Truffles Recipe:
Ingredients You Need:
- 1 Packet Of Ginger Nut Biscuits
- 1 8oz Tub Of Cream Cheese
- 30g Of White Chocolate
How To Make Truffles:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Secondly, put all the ginger nut biscuits into a food processor and crush into a fine crumb (TIP: if you don’t have a food processor, place the biscuits into a sandwich bag and bash into a fine crumb with a rolling pin).
- Place the crumbs into a large bowl with the 8oz tub of cream cheese and mix the two ingredients together until combined (it will look like a dough).
- Take a small piece of the dough and roll it between the palm of your hands to make a ball.
- Place the ball onto the lined baking tray and continue to do so until the entire dough has been used up.
- Once you’ve got all your balls, place the baking tray into the fridge and allow to chill for around one hour.
- Just before the hour is up, place the 30g of white chocolate into a microwaveable bowl. Then, place the chocolate into the microwave and in 30 second blasts, blast the chocolate until fully melted.
- When melted, pour the melted white chocolate into a small piping bag.
- Now, take your chilled truffle balls out the fridge, snip the end of the piping bag off and drizzle the white chocolate over the top of the truffle balls.
- Finally, sprinkle any left over biscuit crumbs over the top of the drizzled white chocolate, then place into the fridge to set.
That’s your Gingerbread Truffles prepared and decorated, ready for you to enjoy!
Puff Pastry Mince Meat Slices Recipe:
Ingredients You Need:
- 1 Ready-To-Roll Puff Pastry
- 1 Jar Of Mincemeat
- 1 Egg, Beaten
How To Make Slices:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Secondly, take the puff pastry out the fridge and unroll straight away (TIP: if the pastry rips, just use the warmth of your fingers to push it back together again).
- With a metal spoon, slather a decent layer of mincemeat over the sheet of pastry. Making sure there’s a slight gap around the edges so the juices from the mincemeat doesn’t run out whilst cooking.
- Using both hands, starting at one of the short ends, tightly roll the pastry to the other end.
- Place the rolled pastry into the fridge to chill for around 10 minutes.
- Once the 10 minutes is up, take the pastry out the fridge. Now, using a sharpe knife, cut the pastry into 12 slices (TIP: depending on size, you may make less than 12 or more than 12 slices. I cut mine quite big) and place the slices onto the two lined baking trays.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the beaten egg all over the pastry slices.
- Now, place the pastry slices into the oven and allow to cook for around 12-15 minutes, until golden brown and they’ve puffed up.
- Finally, once the slices have baked, take out the oven and allow to cool on the baking tray before transferring onto a wire rack to cool further.
- (TIP: I personally would heat these slices back up before serving. They are yummy cold but I feel the heat really brings out the festive flavours of the mincemeat).
That’s your Puff Pastry Slices prepared, egg washed, baked and ready for you to enjoy!
Microwave Mince Pie Fudge Recipe:
Ingredients You Need:
- 400g Of Caster Sugar
- 1 397g Tin Of Condensed Milk
- 140g Of Butter
- 3tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 4tbsp Of Mince Meat
How To Make Fudge:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients and line a 8inch square baking tin with parchment paper.
- Secondly, in a large microwaveable bowl, place the 400g of caster sugar, whole tin of condensed milk and 140g of butter.
- Place the bowl into the microwave and on a high heat, microwave the ingredients for 16 minutes. Making sure you take the bowl out the microwave roughly every 2 minutes to give a stir (TIP: I would personally recommend putting something over the top of the bowl whilst in the microwave as it’s likely it will spill over).
- Once the 16 minutes is up, take out the microwave and the mixture should look like a caramel.
- Stir in the 3tsp of vanilla extract and 4tbsp of mincemeat until everything is combined.
- Finally, pour the mixture into the lined baking tin and leave on the side for 2-3 hours to allow to set.
That’s your Microwave Mince Pie Fudge prepared, microwaved and ready for you to enjoy!
These bakes may be small but damn are they mighty. If you love festive flavours, your going to be hooked on these. I’m literally obsessed with all three, so obsessed that I honestly couldn’t even pick a favourite!
I hope that you find a recipe out of these three that you can easily make for any festivities coming up. I really tried to make a conscious effort to cover a wide area with these 3 bakes: wether that’s baking the mince pie pastries for the kids to enjoy for breakfast, wether that’s making these gingerbread truffles as a sweet treat for a Christmas party platter or wether that’s making this fudge, bagging it up and gifting as a Christmas present for a loved one. I hope you find a recipe out of these three which is perfect for you.
Also, as I mentioned in that Halloween post, I know a lot of you guys don’t have the time to do extravagant bakes what with work, kids etc SO I know that these quick and easy recipes are always appreciated by you guys.
Let me know in the comments below if you make any of these recipes yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on them. Which of the three takes your fancy?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,