We are well in the mids of summer now guys, the kids have finally broken up from school and the excitement of the holidays is on.
When it comes to summer, I always think of camping. I don’t know why as I’ve never actually been camping myself but it’s usually the one thing which is plastered all over my social media platforms that people have gone camping with their little ones.
When I think of camping, the one thing I think about is the food (typical baking blogger haha) and the one food item I always relate to camping is s’mores. It’s the camping tradition to have s’mores by the fire with the little ones, right?
There’s plenty of different and creative s’more recipe ideas over the internet which really inspired me to share a recipe which you can take with you to eat around the campfire this summer.
So here I am today, sharing with you the ultimate s’more cookies! Guys, you are in for a real treat for these little beauties. Let’s just say, these will satisfy your every s’more needs… YUM!
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 225g Of Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 150g Of Brown Sugar
- 100g Of Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 353g Of Plain Flour
- 2tsp Of Cornflour
- 1tsp Of Bicarbonate Of Soda
- 80g Of Mini Marshmallows
- 250g Of Milk Chocolate Chips
- 120g Of Digestives, Broken Into Small Pieces
How To Make Cookies:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line two baking trays with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 190C / 170C Fan / Gas Mark 5.
- Secondly, in a large mixing bowl, using an electric whisk (or by hand), beat together the 225g of softened unsalted butter,150g of brown sugar and 100g of granulated sugar until creamy.
- Next, beat in the 2 eggs and 1tsp of vanilla extract until combined.
- Now, mix in the 353g of plain flour, 2tsp of cornflour and 1tsp of bicarbonate of soda until just combined.
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula, fold in the 110g of broken up digestives, 80g of mini marshmallows and 250g of milk chocolate chips until evenly distributed throughout the cookie dough.
- Using an ice cream scoop or your hands, scoop a 3tbsp size ball of dough and place onto the pre-lined baking tray (TIP: leave a decent amount of space between cookies to allow room to spread).
- Once your trays are filled, place the trays into the oven and allow to cook for 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- After 10 minutes, take out the oven, add some more marshmallows and broken digestive biscuits on top of each cookie.
- Place back into the oven for an additional 2-5 minutes until the marshmallows have toasted (TIP: small marshmallows cook quicker so keep an eye on them).
- Finally, when baked, allow to cool on a baking tray for 5-10 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool further.
That’s your S’more Cookies prepared, baked, cooled and ready for you to enjoy!
These really are the perfect cookie for these beautiful summer evenings. Who wouldn’t want to indulge in one of these around the camp fire? I think the little ones would demolish these off very quickly haha.
I’m obsessed with how these turned out! They are so easy to create and are ultra yummy. Honestly, what more could you ask for?
Let me know in the comments below if you make these yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on them. Are these a good alternative to a actual s’more?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,