Since making Bronuts back in June for the queens jubilee (here’s the link if you’d like to check them out: https://ellegracedeveson.com/2022/06/01/chocolate-bronuts-recipe-platinum-jubilee-inspired/), I’ve been itching to make another batch of doughnuts. I honestly couldn’t think of baking anything other than the doughnuts I created today, they had taken over my mind and I was physically itching to get back in the kitchen and bake a fresh batch.
Now, these aren’t like the doughnuts you get down the beach, they are actually very different. Todays doughnuts are much more cake like in texture – they aren’t deep fat fried or covered in sugar, they are baked in the oven and can have multiple flavours added to them.
I totally understand if your a little confused by todays doughnuts, I won’t lie, I felt the same when I first tried them BUT guys, don’t go sleeping on these! These are one of my all time favourite doughnuts to bake as not only are they different in taste and texture but I also know they’ll be demolished in a couple of days by my loved ones.
Want to know a added bonus… one batch makes a plenty of doughnuts! who doesn’t like the sound of that? *wink wink*
That being said, if your also looking for another reason to make these, let’s get real, you cannot and I mean CANNOT beat the combination of raspberries & lemon, can you? It’s the ultimate summer combo and I couldn’t resist not pairing the two together again and adding them into this batch of fresh doughnuts. They just work so beautifully together.
Need I say anymore?
So if you’d like to get creating these little pieces of heaven yourself, don’t sit around. Grab the ingredients, throw that apron on and get creating. I can promise you, you won’t be disappointed!
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Decorating Time: 20 Minutes
Overall Time: 40 Minutes
Ingredients You Need For Doughnuts:
- 250g Of Plain Flour
- 2tsp Of Baking Powder
- 1/4tsp Of Bicarbonate Of Soda
- 1 Large Egg
- 100g Of Caster Sugar
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 60ml Of Semi-Skimmed Milk
- 60g Of Greek Yogurt
- 1tsp Of Lemon Extract
- 95g Of Frozen Raspberries, Defrosted
Ingredients You Need For Decorating:
- 100g Of Icing Sugar
- 50g Of Frozen Raspberries, Defrosted
- 50g Of Funcakes Yellow Deco Melts (https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/funcakes-yellow-deco-melts-250g/6449171001.html)
How To Make Doughnuts:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, grease a doughnut tin well with butter and preheat the oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas Mark 5.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, whisk together 250g of plain flour, 2tsp of baking powder and 1/4tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- Next, in a separate large bowl, whisk together 1 large egg, 100g of caster sugar, 1tsp of vanilla extract, 60ml of semi-skimmed milk, 60g of greek yogurt and 1tsp of lemon extract until combined.
- Now, pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix together until combined (TIP: the batter will be thick).
- Carefully fold in the 95g of defrosted raspberries (TIP: try not to over mix)
- Place the doughnuts into the oven for 8-10 minutes until a skewer placed into the centre comes out clean.
- Once baked, allowed to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely (TIP: the doughnuts may come out a blue/green colour, don’t worry, it happens sometimes when raspberries cook).
How To Decorate Doughnuts:
- Once your doughnuts have completely cooled down, it’s time to decorate.
- In a small bowl, add 100g of icing sugar and set aside.
- Next, in a blender, add 50g of defrosted raspberries and blast them until a puree has formed.
- When the puree has been made, strain the puree through a sieve into the icing sugar bowl (TIP: you may need to use the back of a spoon to help strain the raspberry puree into the bowl).
- Now strained, mix the icing sugar and puree together until no lumps remain.
- (TIP: if you feel your icing sugar is too thin, add another teaspoon of icing sugar until you reach your desired thickness. if too thick, add a little amount of lemon juice to loosen until you’ve reached your desired thickness).
- Take your doughnuts and dip the front of the doughnut into the raspberry icing sugar until coated, then place onto a wire rack.
- When you’ve dipped all the doughnuts, set aside and allow the icing to harden.
- Once the icing has hardened, place 50g of yellow deco melts into a microwavable bowl, place into the microwave and in 20 second blasts, blasts the melts until completely melted.
- Now that the melts have been completely melted, place into a piping bag and snip the very end of the piping off and drizzle the chocolate across the centre of the doughnuts from one side to the other.
- Finally, allow the chocolate to harden and that’s your doughnuts complete.
That’s your Lemon & Raspberry Doughnuts prepared, baked, decorated and ready for you to enjoy!
Can we just take a moment of silence for these doughnuts… how damn good do these look!
If your wondering how these are made, it’s with a doughnut tin. Back a few weeks ago, my mum treated me to a new doughnut tin which I had wanted for a while. If your a fan of making doughnuts at home or want to try them out for yourself, I’d highly recommend checking out one of these tins. My mum brought mine from our local garden centre but you can buy them here on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=doughnut+tins&crid=PXAEV3XE5Y54&sprefix=doughnut+tins%2Caps%2C193&ref=nb_sb_noss_1
Honestly guys, I can’t put into words how delicious todays doughnuts are. The lemon & raspberry pairing, the raspberry glaze and chocolate drizzle – just incredible.
Let me know in the comments below if you make these yourself and if you do, what your thoughts were on them. Are you a lemon and raspberry doughnut fan?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,
They look delicious and I agree with the raspberry lemon combo! I love how you’ve decorated them too Elle. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
These really are delicious. It’s the best summer combo, isn’t it? Ah thank you so much & thank you so much for commenting Xo
You should start your own company. Such great, appetising treats!
Ah thank you so much that means the world. Hopefully one day! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Wow! These look so pretty and yummy! You are a really talented baker. You have shared a really easy to follow recipe. Thank you for sharing.
Ah thank you so much, it means the world! I love how easy this recipe is and the outcome is absolutely delicious. I’m really chuffed with how these turned out. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Woah!!! Lemon and raspberry together. I’m sure it tasted good. Thank you for sharing.
It is the most delicious combo, I’m in love with the two ingredients together! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Yes to lemon and raspberry as one of the BEST flavour combos! I haven’t had a good doughnut in ages, these look marvellous x
Amen to that! I cannot get enough of these doughnuts, they are absolutely delicious. I love that the ingredient combo works so well within doughnuts! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Wow. They look soooo pretty too
Ah thank you so much & thank you so much for commenting Xo
I love the baked donuts, and this combo couldn’t be any better – possibly one of my favourites flavours ever! Looking delish xx
They are amazing, aren’t they? I actually think I prefer them to the doughnuts you get down the beach. They have much more flavour to them. You can’t beat lemon & raspberry together, it’s just the best and within this recipe it works so beautifully! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I’m not much of a baker, but my kids love just about any kind of donut, so we’ll have to try this. Or convince other bakers in our family to. LOL
These are perfect for little ones! They are the perfect size and are packed full of flavour. I hope you manage to convince a family member to make them for you haha! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
yum! these look and sound really good. thanks for sharing.
These really are delicious! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Ooh these look so delightful! I love lemon and raspberry as a combination and these truly do look like the perfect summer treat. Thank you so much for sharing x
You can’t beat lemon & raspberry together, can you? It’s my all time favourite summer combo. They work so beautifully in this doughnut recipe – just delish! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Lemon and raspberry is lovely flavour combination! These doughnuts look fab! x
Lucy | http://www.lucymary.co.uk
It’s the best, isn’t it? These really are so yummy! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I love the look of these they look like apples, 🙂 and I love the idea of not frying them, and just baking them that would be a lot healthier and less messy!
It’s defiantly a much healthier option than deep frying them YET they taste just as good, if not better than the fried ones! These really are so delicious and so easy to make. Perfectly mess free too. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These donuts looks very sexy. The colors on them are attractive. Love the idea of the raspberry icining, Elle. Will think about trying it on my next baking adventure.
The colours are just amazing, aren’t they? The gorgeous deep red/pink coloured icing made from the raspberries not only looks good but tastes delicious also. I hope you love them as much as my family do! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These look amazing. They sound absolutely delicious and are a perfect summer treat. I love that they aren’t deep fat fried either.
These really are the perfect summer treat! The flavour combo just screams summer to me. Baking these doughnuts is defiantly a much healthier way of making them compared to deep fat frying which is what I love about these. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Omg these look incredible! Lemon and raspberry is my favorite pairing and I’d love to make these for myself! I love the vibrant colors, it’s such a pretty treat. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
It’s the most beautiful pairing of ingredients, isn’t it? These really are SO easy to make and the outcome is just delicious. They are the perfect little treat. Thank you so much for commenting Xo