Now, it wouldn’t be a special occasion if I didn’t share a cookie recipe would it? I honestly think at this point you’d all be disappointed in me if I didn’t haha.
I was racking my brains for ages thinking about what kind of cookies would be perfect for Easter, that’s when I thought about carrot cake. Now I know carrot cake isn’t traditionally a Easter cake but it’s the one cake we have every year at Easter so it’s permanently in my brain around Easter time.
So, I thought I’d marry the idea of cookies and carrot cake together and that’s when I came up with these carrot cake cookies.
Oh my days, if your a carrot cake enthusiast then todays bake is a must try! It is literally like taking a bite of carrot cake but in cookie form – sounds good, right?
So if this sounds like something you’d like to try, get your apron on, roll up those sleeves, get your baking equipment ready and let’s get our bake on…
Category: Sweet Treats
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 Minutes
Decorating Time: 20 Minutes
Overall Time: 60 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 250g Of Unsalted Butter / Stork
- 200g Of Light Brown Sugar
- 150g Of White Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 650g Of Plain Flour
- 3tsp Of Baking Powder
- 1tsp Of Bicarbonate Of Soda
- 2tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 1tsp Of Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2tsp Of Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2tsp Of Ground Ginger
- 4 Large Carrots, Grated
- 145g Of Walnuts, Chopped
Ingredients You Need To Decorate:
- 100g Of Unsalted Butter
- 100g Of Icing Sugar
- 200g Of Light Cream Cheese
- 2tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 5g Of Walnuts, Chopped
How To Make Carrot Cake Cookies:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, beat together the 250g of stork, 200g of light brown sugar and 150g of white granulated sugar until combined.
- Next, beat in your 2 eggs and 2tsp of vanilla extract.
- Now, mix in your grated carrot and 145g of chopped walnuts.
- Once you’ve mixed all the wet ingredients together, mix in your 650g of plain flour, 3tsp of baking powder and 1tsp of bicarbonate of soda until a dough begins to form.
- When the dough has formed, wrap the dough in clingfilm and place into the fridge for 1 hour.
- Whilst the cookie dough is in the fridge, preheat the oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas Mark 6.
- Take your dough out the fridge when the hour is up and using your hands, take pieces of the dough, roll into balls and place onto the baking tray (TIP: I’m not worried about wether the cookies are the same size but if you’d prefer that, use a scales to weigh out each piece of dough).
- Place the cookies into the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Once the cookies have cooked, take off the oven and allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
How To Decorate Your Carrot Cake Cookies:
- Once the cookies have cooled completely, it’s time to decorate.
- In a large bowl, beat together the 100g of unsalted butter, 100g of icing sugar and 2tsp of vanilla extract until a buttercream forms.
- When formed, using a spatula carefully fold in the 200g of light cream cheese.
- Now that your cream cheese frosting has been made, using a teaspoon, spoon a small amount of cream cheese on top of the cookie and using the back of the spoon, spread it out. Repeat this step for each of the cookies.
- Finally, sprinkle the last of the 5g of chopped walnuts on top of the iced cookies.
That’s your Carrot Cake Cookies prepared, baked, decorated and ready for you to enjoy!
How good do these look?
If your a long term reader of mine, you’ll know I’ve shared a couple of carrot cake recipes here on my blog so it only felt right to make my favourite carrot cake recipe into cookies! I’m obsessed.
Let me know in the comments below if you make these cookies yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on them. Are you a carrot cake cookie lover?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,
These carrot cake cookies look so tasty! A great idea! x
Lucy | http://www.lucymary.co.uk
They really are delicious! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These look amazing! My boyfriend and I are huge carrot cake fans so I might have to try and make these soon!
Carrot cake is just the best, isn’t it? I absolutely love it, so turning it into a Easter cookie was a must. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I have heard of carrot cake which is delicious so I guess cookies must be too. Great recipe inspiration.
These cookies are honestly delicious. Taste just like a carrot cake, I’m obsessed. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Now I love carrot cake anything, so these I would absolutely love, adding to my list of things to try and bake x
I think you’ll love these if your a carrot cake lover! I’m obsessed with both so I hope you enjoy. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I’m not sure if I’ve ever tried carrot cake before, but it is cake, so I’m willing to give it a try. I’m not a fan of nuts though so I’ll have to remove the walnuts from the ingredients. What would you recommend as a replacement?
Oh my days carrot cake is a must try! You can defiantly remove the walnuts, it will still taste just as delicious. I would probably say remove the nuts and stay with the rest of the ingredients. I’ve tried alternatives but not found something I can honestly say I prefer. So I’d just forget the nuts! I hope that helps. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These look heavenly! I love carrot cake. I may try to make these for Easter as well. Thank you for sharing! xx
These are honestly the perfect Easter sweet treat. Just delicious. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Brilliant idea! I adore carrot cake. I love that this is in cookie form so it easy to transport and I can better control the amount I eat!
Carrot cake is just heavenly, isn’t it? Honestly, these taste just as delicious as it would in cake form and like you say, perfect for transporting. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
This is such a great idea for a cookie recipe — yum!
These are so delicious in cookie form! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Oh these look absolutely amazing! I love the idea of combining cookies and carrot cake, that’s such an original idea. Thank you so much for sharing x
I’m proper obsessed with these little beauties. It’s the perfect combination of cake & cookie! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I haven’t had carrot cookies in ages, but when I did I loved them so I’m sure I’ll love these too x
These are honestly so delicious. Hopefully they’re as good as you remember! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I only knew about carrot cake, but not cookies! Great idea for Easter bake! Thanks for sharing 🙂
It’s the perfect blend of cake and cookie – super delicious. These really are the perfect Easter cookie. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Fabulous recipe and they look so good. A must try for sure. Thanks for sharing,
These are defiantly a must try! I’m obsessed with these little beauties. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
This is such a brilliant recipe idea! I’m a huge lover of carrot cake so something like this would be the perfect recipe to try xx
I just love carrot cake, it’s such a tasty sweet treat, especially around Easter! These are the perfect combination of both cake and cookie. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These look really interesting. I do like using carrots for baking
I absolutely love using carrots in my sweet treats, they are the perfect veg! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Carrot cake is one of my favorite bakes, so I just love that these cookies put a spin on the cake. They look easy and delicious. 🙂
It’s up there with my all time favourites bakes too! Honestly, these are the perfect combination of cake and cookie – just super delicious! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I can imagine how these cookies taste. Must be very delicious. Hehehe. Love it! Thank you for sharing.
They really are delicious. I must admit, I’m a little obsessed! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
A cookie, which also happens to be a cake?! I mean, yes please! These look so yummy Elle, need to try them ASAP x
I know, can’t go wrong, can you? These really are delicious, I’m hooked! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Thanks for sharing this, will be sure to look into it with the partner!
These are honestly so worth trying, I’m obsessed! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Ohh these sound tasty. I’m not a huge carrot cake fan but something about bitesize cookies really appeals to me.
They really are yummy! There’s something rather delish about bite size foods, isn’t there? Thank you so much for commenting Xo