We all know by now how much I love a good nostalgic bake, right? Well, today’s is a real throwback… rice krispie bars!
Were you obsessed with these when you was a kid? I remember my mum use to always put a rice krispie bar in my lunchbox and I remember savouring every moment that it touched my tastebuds. These were the best kinda sweet treat to have.
These are a sweet treat that’s never gone out of fashion but I genuinely haven’t made or eaten one of these for absolute years now! So, I thought it was about time I changed that.
I’ve seen a few people share different rice krispie treats that they have made, then posted online and it instantly made me want to make my own. Although, todays ones aren’t any normal rice krispie bars, these are the ultimate chocolate feast. These are my galaxy caramel rice krispie bars filled to the brim with naughtiness (but as I’ve said before guys, if you can’t be naughty at Easter, when can you *wink wink *).
I’m OBSESSED! with how these turned out. The base of an original rice krispie bar, just with a dash of up to date baking added to it.
So if you’d like to get making these yourself, keep on reading…
Category: Sweet Treat:
Serves: 15 Large Pieces
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Chill Time: 1+ Hour
Overall Time: 1Hour 15Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 175g Of Salted Butter
- 150g Of Marshmallows
- 150g Of Rice Krispies
- 2 Bars Of Galaxy Chocolate
- 2 Bars Of Galaxy Caramel Chocolate
- 100g Of Plain Milk Chocolate
- Bag Of Galaxy Caramel Eggs
How To Make Rice Krispie Bars:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients and line a pyrex dish with parchment paper.
- Secondly, in a saucepan over a low heat, melt the 175g of salted butter, 1 bar of galaxy chocolate and 1.5 bars of galaxy caramel.
- Whilst your butter and chocolate are melting, chop up the remaining half of the galaxy caramel bar and set aside.
- Once the butter and chocolate are nearly melted, add in your 150g of marshmallows and keep mixing until you have a thick and smooth mixture, this should take around 10 minutes.
- When melted, take off the heat and quickly mix in your 150g of rice krispie until fully incorporated (TIP: work fast as they set very quickly).
- Now, place the rice krispie mixture into your lined pyrex dish and using a spatula, press the mixture into the tin until evenly distributed.
- Place the mixture into the fridge to set for 30 minutes.
- As its coming to the end of the chilling time, in a microwavable bowl, break up your 100g of milk chocolate and the remaining bar of galaxy chocolate and in 30 second blasts, microwave the chocolate until its completely melted.
- Take your Rice Krispie mixture out the fridge and pour over the combined chocolate and using a spatula, smooth out evenly.
- Then, sprinkle the chopped up galaxy caramel pieces and galaxy caramel eggs over the top of the melted chocolate.
- Place your rice krispie bars into the fridge and allow to firm/set for 1 hour +.
- Finally, once your bars have set, take out the fridge and using a warm knife, cut the bars into portions.
That’s your Galaxy Caramel Rice Krispie Bars prepared, chilled, decorated then chilled again and ready to be served.
Is this chocolate overload… maybe. But does it taste good? HELL YEAH! How damn good do these look though guys, believe me when I say, they taste just as good as they look.
Let me know in the comments below if you make these rice krispie bars yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on them. Did you enjoy?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,