Are you starting a diet this new year? Are you a diabetic on the promise that’ll you’ll reduce your carb intake? Well, let me be a beacon of light. This year, I promise I’ll be sharing lots of low calorie, low carb, vegan, gluten / dairy free recipes which are just blooming yummy.
You’ll probably have heard of the Ketogenic (Keto for short) diet by now, it seems to be a very popular diet these days. If you didn’t know, the Keto diet is a low carb, high fat diet. It basically forces the body to burn fats rather than carbohydrates. Studies show that this type of diet is really beneficial to people with diabetes (& other illnesses too).
So, as a diabetic myself and having diabetes run in my family, I want to share more Keto friendly recipes with you all. You don’t even have to be on a diet to enjoy the Keto recipes I’m sharing with you. I just want to be as inclusive as possible to all dietary needs.
So to kick start my Keto recipes with you, today I’m sharing this unbelievably good cheeseburger skillet recipe which quite honestly, is a game changer.
This recipe is delicious alone but added on top of some air fried chips… just heavenly!
I think you’ll really love this recipe so if it takes your fancy, then the recipe is below;
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Overall Time: 25 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 6 Slices Of Bacon, Chopped Into Small Pieces
- 500g Of Mince Beef
- 2tbsp Of Tomato Paste
- 1tsp Of Mustard Powder
- 85g Of Cream Cheese
- 100ml Of Beef Stock
- 2tsp Of Onion Powder
- 2tsp Of Garlic Powder
- 50g Of Grated Cheddar Cheese
How To Make Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients and place a large skillet over a medium heat.
- Secondly, lightly spray your skillet with low calorie cooking spray and cook the chopped bacon until crisp.
- When the bacon is cooked to your liking, remove the bacon from the skillet and set aside.
- (TIP: if you have some bacon grease left over, drain the grease but leave around a tablespoon of grease in the pan).
- Now, add the 500g of mince beef and brown the beef.
- Drain off any grease.
- Next, add in the 2tbsp of tomato paste, 1tsp of mustard, 85g of cream cheese, 100ml of beef stock, 2tsp of onion powder and 2tsp of garlic powder.
- Continuously stirring until the cream cheese has melted and a sauce has formed.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the chopped bacon and 50g of grated cheddar cheese into the pan.
- Finally, cover the top of the skillet and cook the skillet for 5-7 minutes until the cheese has completely melted.
That’s your Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet prepared, cooked and ready for you to demolish!
I don’t feel like the pictures do todays recipe justice but believe me when I say, this is absolutely delicious.
Let me know in the comments below if you make today’s recipe and if you do, did you enjoy it?
I’ll for sure be making more Keto recipes throughout the year so keep your eyes peeled!
Sending you all tons of love and hugs as always,