If you’ve been around here recently, you’ll have seen I went a little berry mad this year with my bakes. I have been really enjoying creating delicious recipes using all different types of berries.
One berry I haven’t actually used in my bakes before is cranberries. Do you know what? I don’t even think I’ve tried a cranberry before (mum, do correct me if I’m wrong, we all know I’ve got the memory of a gold fish haha) let alone created any recipes with them. As a baker, you’ve got to know what pairs well with what so honestly, I just didn’t have a clue how to bring out the best in the cranberries.
I know cranberries are used around this time of year especially, so when I was scrolling through Pinterest and saw some festive cranberry recipes, I knew it was time to give them a go.
I’ve trialled this recipe (as you can see) and boy, I now know what I was missing out on! These are little red balls of deliciousness… and used in this recipe… UN-BLOODY-REAL.
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 45-50 Minutes
Overall Time: 1 Hour
Ingredients You Need For Filling:
- 250g Of Cranberries
- 100g Of White-Granulated Sugar
- 80g Of Pecans
Ingredients You Need For Topping:
- 170g Of Butter
- 201g Of Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2tsp Of Almond Extract
- 150g Of Plain Flour
How To Make Your Cranberry Pie:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, grease a pie dish generously with butter and preheat the oven to 180C / 160C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, mix together the 250g of cranberries, 100g white-granulated and 80g of pecans.
- Pour the cranberry pecan mix into the bottom of the buttered dish.
- Next, in another large bowl, beat together the 170g of butter with 201g of caster sugar until smooth.
- Add in the 2 beaten eggs and 2tsp of almond extract and beat again until fluffy.
- Then, add in the 150g of plain flour and beat once more until all incorporated.
- Using a icecream scoop (or tablespoon whatever you prefer) dollop spoonfuls of the batter across the top of the cranberries. With the back of a spoon or a spatula, spread the batter over the cranberry mixture.
- Once your pie is finished, place into the oven and cook for around 45-50 minutes or until a skewer placed into the centre of the pie comes out clean.
- Finally, when your pie has baked, take out the oven and leave in the dish to cool completely.
That’s your Cranberry Christmas Pie prepared, baked and ready for you to enjoy!
If your a lover of cranberries or your wanting to try them, you have to bake this recipe! Honestly, this really is the most delicious, festive treat which I believe will be loved by all.
You’ll defiantly be seeing me use cranberries in a couple more recipes coming this Christmas, so keep your eyes peeled for them!
Let me know if you make this pie yourself and if you do, what your thoughts were on it. Are you now a cranberry pie lover?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,
Fantastic post Elle! I have to say I’m not a huge fan of cranberries, but this looks delicious 🙂
Honestly, this is delicious! You could add any kind of berries you like if cranberries isn’t you thing, I’m sure it will taste just as yummy! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
This looks brilliant! I don’t think I’ve ever had a cranberry pie before – I’ve only ever had cranberry sauce, cranberry juice and cranberries by themselves. I love how festive this recipe is 🙂
I’d never tried cranberries before this year and this was defiantly the perfect way of trying them. This pie is honestly delicious – it’s a proper festive sweet treat. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Oh wow!!!!!! I love cranberry pies. Cranberry pies are always sooooo delicious. Thank you for sharing your recipe.
This is honestly delicious! I fell in love with cranberries because of this pie. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Oh this looks delicious! I love cranberries and they’re a very Christmassy fruit so great time of year for this sort of bake!
They are such a festive fruit aren’t they? Perfect for this year. This pie works beautifully with the cranberries, it’s just delish. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These cranberry pies look so festive and tasty! I don’t think I’ve ever had one before. It maybe time to change that! Thanks for sharing.
I’d never tried a cranberry pie before making this but it’s become a favourite of mine already! So delicious. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
This sounds absolutely delicious. Also your food photography in this post is just stunning. Such a festive feel.
Ah that means the world, thank you so much. This is such a festive delight. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
This looks fabulous on all counts. A cranberry pie, yes please. Thanks for sharing,
Cranberry pie is just delicious isn’t it? Thank you so much for commenting Xo
This looks yummy, I havent tried a lot of recipes with cranberries haha. Thank you for sharing!
I hadn’t either, I’d never tried cranberries before this recipe and now I absolutely love them. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
This looks so delicious Elle! I must admit I used to overlook cranberries so much and found them so so good, perfect Christmas flavour!
They really are the perfect berry for the festive season aren’t they? They taste delicious in this pie. Thank you so much for commenting Xo