When it comes to the festive period, one cookie that always comes to mind is fruit & nut.
Now I know it’s a all-year-round kinda bake but for me, it just reminds me of Christmas!
I don’t know about you but every year we buy two selection packs of biscuits from our local supermarket which you can always guarantee will have a fruit & nut cookie in. It’s often the one biscuit which is thought over as everyone wants a bite.
So I thought why not make my own fruit & nut cookies? So as you can tell by the title of today’s bake, that’s exactly what I did.
These certainly weren’t passed upon, they went down an absolute treat with the fam so of course, I had to share the recipe with you guys!
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Refrigerating Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 Minutes
Decorating Time: 5 Minutes
Overall Time: 50-60 Minutes
Ingredients You Need For Cookies:
- 250g Of Unsalted Butter
- 200g Of Demerara Sugar
- 150g Of Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 500g Of Plain Flour
- 3tsp Of Baking Powder
- 1tsp Of Bicarbonate Of Soda
- 200g Of Raisins
- 150g Bag Of Mixed Nuts
Ingredients You Need To Decorate:
- 400g Of Milk Chocolate
How To Make Cookies:
- Firstly, gather together your ingredients & equipment and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Secondly, add your 250g of unsalted butter, 200g of demerara sugar and 150g of granulated sugar into a large bowl and beat together using an electric whisk.
- Once you’ve beaten together the butter and sugar, add in the 2 large eggs and 2tsp of vanilla extract and beat again.
- Mix in the 200g of raisins and 150g of mixed nuts.
- Now, add in your 500g of plain flour, 1tsp of bicarbonate of soda, 3tsp of baking powder and mix together until a cookie dough is formed (TIP: If your finding your dough isn’t forming, add in a dash of milk and continue adding milk until your dough is formed).
- Next, wrap your dough up in cling film and place into the fridge for around half hour.
- Whilst your cooking dough is chilling in the fridge, pre heat your oven to 180C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Once your half hours up, take your dough out the fridge and using your hands, take pieces of the dough and roll them into medium size balls. TIP: I personally didn’t care if the cookies were different sizes but if you want each cookie to be the same size, get your scales and weigh out each ball.
- When you’ve rolled all your cookie dough balls, place them onto the lined baking trays, I put 6 per tray. TIP: don’t flatten your cookies as they’ll flatten as they bake.
- Place the baking trays into the oven for around 12-14 minutes.
- Finally, once the cookies have baked through, leave to cool on tray before moving to a wire rack to cool further.
How To Decorate Cookies:
- When the cookies have completely cooled, it’s time to decorate.
- In a microwaveable bowl, break your 400g of milk chocolate into pieces (this helps it melt easier) and microwave in 20 second blasts until the chocolate has completely melted.
- Once melted, pour the chocolate into a piping bag.
- Finally, cut the very tip of the piping bag and drizzle the chocolate over the top of the cookies.
That’s your Fruit & Nut Cookies prepared, chilled, baked, decorated and ready for you to enjoy!
Do your love the Dairy Milk fruit & nut bar? If so, I really REALLY think you’ll love these cookies!
Let me know if you make these cookies yourself and if you do, what your thoughts were on them. Are you a fruit & nut fan?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,