Steering away from the autumn content for a moment, I had to share today’s recipe with you ASAP!
I came across this video on Pinterest (https://pin.it/4lolYHH) and my mouth was instantly salivating.
If you know me, you’ll know my love for Babybels and Chilli Heatwave Doritos. They are my all time favourite snack so when I saw them paired together in this way, I just had to trial it out for myself.
I’ve made these a couple of times now and damn they are good… seriously good! I’d have never of thought to put these two things together, so whoever made these first is blooming genius. I think these have become a firm favourite in this household.
Category: Savoury Snack / Dinner
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Overall Time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 11 Babybels
- Sharing Bag Of Chilli Heatwave Doritos, Broken Into Crumbs
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
How To Make:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a baking tray with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 170C / 150C Fan / Gas Mark 3.
- Secondly, separate your ingredients into three separate bowls. One bowl for the corn flour, one bowl for the beaten eggs and one bowl for the Doritos crumbs.
- Next, get your Babybel and roll it into the corn flour, making sure it’s completely coated.
- Now, add your corn flour coated Babybel into the egg, yet again making sure it’s completely coated.
- Then, once it’s coated in cornflour and egg, press your Babybel down into the Doritos making sure the side in the Doritos completely covered, then turn the Babybel over and press down again until the other side is completely coated in Doritos.
- Once your Babybel is coated in the Doritos, place it back into the egg, coating it completely then place back into the Doritos to give it a second coating.
- Now that your Babybel’s fully coated in 2 layers of Doritos, place onto the baking tray.
- Repeat the steps above for all 11 Babybel’s.
- When you’ve finished coating them, place the Babybel’s into the oven and bake for around 10 minutes.
- Finally, once baked, take out the oven and they are ready to be served.
That’s your Dorito Coated Babybel Bites prepared, baked and ready for you to enjoy!
Can we just take a second to appreciate these little balls of dreams… if your a cheese lover, you’ll thank me for bringing these into your life!
Proper chuffed I came across these on Pinterest, I’ll for sure be making these every now and then. A proper cheesy treat.
Let me know if you make these yourself and what your thoughts are on them.
Sending you all tons of love and hugs as always,