I think I’ve come to the conclusion that I’ve been summer fruits obsessed this year!
I’m just loving using fruit in different ways to create yummy sweet treats and by the feel of things, you guys are loving them too which I’m thrilled about.
I fancied doing something with pastry as I haven’t used it for a while and I’d seen on Pinterest a recipe very similar to this and when I read how easy it was – I obviously had to try it out for myself!
It’s quick. It’s easy. It’s delicious. What more could you ask for?
This is the ultimate summer tart. Perfect for celebrations, bbq’s, slice up for a picnic – a delicious treat for every occasion. I really think you guys are going to love this…
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 16-18 Minutes
Decorating Time: 5 Minutes
Overall Time: 35 Minutes
Ingredients You Need For Tart:
- 1 Sheet Of Ready Rolled Puff Pastry
- 4 Large Peaches, Peeled & Pitted
- 125g Of Fresh Blueberries
- 50g Of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1tsp Of Water
- 1tsp Of Corn-Starch
Ingredients You Need For Topping:
- Icing Sugar
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 10tsp Of Water
How To Make The Tarts:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a baking tray with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas Mark 6.
- Secondly, take your ready-rolled puff pastry out the fridge and allow to defrost for around 15-20 minutes, then set aside.
- Next, thinly slice your peeled peaches and place them into a large bowl.
- Into the same large bowl, add the 50g of granulated sugar and 1tsp of cornflour and toss the peaches until they are fully coated in the sugar mixture.
- When it’s been around 20 minutes, unroll your puff pastry onto the baking tray (TIP: if it cracks, gently press the tears back together with slightly wet fingers).
- Once the puff pastry is rolled out on the baking tray, layer the peaches tightly on the puff pastry making 4 tidy rows (TIP: make sure you leave a 1inch boarder around each row).
- Sprinkle over the blueberries.
- Add the beaten egg and 1tbsp of water into a cup and beat together. Once beaten together, lightly brush the egg wash over the exposed pastry crust.
- Place the baking tray into the oven for around 16-18 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown and the peaches are tender.
- When the pastry has been cooked, take out the oven and leave to cool.
How To Decorate:
- Now that the pastry has been cooked, it’s time to make the glaze.
- In a small bowl, add 10tsp of water with a small amount of icing sugar and mix together (TIP: if the mixture isn’t thick enough, continue to add the icing sugar until you’ve got a thick paste).
- Once you’ve got your mixture, add the 1tsp of vanilla extract and mix well.
- Finally, drizzle the icing sugar mixture over the pastry. Don’t be tight, drizzle as much as you want!
That’s your Blueberry & Peach Tarts prepared, baked, decorated and ready for you to enjoy!
I mean, you’ll have noticed how simple this tart is, a few steps and your ready to go. That being said, yes it’s simple BUT it doesn’t lack in flavour, if anything, it packs quite the fruity punch.
If you aren’t a fan of peaches or blueberries, that’s okay! Swap them for something different: apples, blackberries, plums, strawberries – it’s your recipe to experiment with.
Let me know if you do end up making this tart yourself and if you do, what your thoughts were.
Sending you tons of love and hugs as always,