If you think your having a moment and that you’ve seen a lemon and blueberry muffin recipe on my blog before… you’d be right!
Last year I shared a lemon and blueberry muffin recipe with you guys, which went down a treat. That being said, today’s post is a low calorie version of those muffins. I know you guys love a low calorie alternative so I had to share this one with you guys.
I think a lot of you will agree with me when I say that – you can’t go wrong with a lemon and blueberry combo! they are a match made in heaven and these muffins really signify that.
I actually think today’s muffins are VERY similar to the ones you get in places like Costa Coffee, only advantage is that my muffins are half the calories! Can’t go wrong.
So if you’d like to make today’s muffins yourself, the recipe is below:
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 22-25 Minutes
Overall Time: 40 Minutes
- 300g Of Plain / All Purpose Flour
- 100g Of Low-Fat Butter
- 2 Large Eggs
- 60g Of Caster Sugar
- 2tsp Of Baking Powder
- 200ml Of Skimmed Milk
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Lemons, Zest Of Two Lemons, Juice Of One
- 350g Of Frozen Blueberries, Defrosted
- 1tbsp Of Demerara Sugar
How To Make The Muffins:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a twelve hole muffin tin with muffin cases and preheat the oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas Mark 6.
- Secondly, in a microwaveable bowl, melt the butter in a 30 second blast. Once melted, leave to the side to cool down.
- Next, in a large bowl, whisk together the 300g of plain flour with 2tsp of baking powder.
- Then, in a medium bowl, whisk together the 2 eggs, 60g of caster sugar, 200ml of skimmed milk, 1tsp of vanilla extract and the juice of one lemon, until combined.
- Once the butter has cooled right down (TIP: it’s needs to be really cool so it doesn’t scramble the egg) add to the wet ingredients and whisk together.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently mix together until combined (TIP: if the mixture becomes a little clumpy, use a whisk to whisk out the lumps).
- Now, add the 350g of defrosted blueberries and zest of two lemons and fold it into the mixture.
- Once the mixture is complete, divide the mixture between the muffin cases.
- Sprinkle some demerara sugar over the top of each muffin.
- Place the muffins into the oven and bake for around 22-25 minutes, until golden brown on top and a skewer comes out clean.
- Finally, once the muffins have baked, leave them in the pan to cool for around 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to fully cool.
That’s your Blueberry & Lemon Muffins prepared, baked and ready for you to enjoy!
These pictures really capture the beauty of these muffins don’t they?
I always say this but I really think the pictures are the thing that does the talking. I can big my recipes up all I like but the pictures are the thing which draw you in and make you want to make them yourself.
So that being said… Will you be making these low calorie muffins yourself? if so, let me know what you think! I always love hearing feedback from you guys.
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,