Guess whose back… back again… bringing you another cookie recipe… that you can tell your friends… (did you sing that out in your head or am I just abnormal haha).
I think I’m going to claim that 2021 is the year of the cookies for me and my blog. I think we all know by now how much I enjoy making cookies and something I love even more is to share them with you guys. So 2021 – the year of the cookies!
I was scrolling through Instagram when I saw a amazing baker called Rachel ( @bakerita ) had made some strawberry and cream cookies which looked absolutely amazing!
I really liked the idea of adding strawberries to a cookie so guess what I’m bringing you today? My version of these amazing strawberry cookies.
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 12-14 Minutes
Overall Time: 25 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 125g Of Unsalted Butter / Stork
- 100g Of Light Brown Sugar
- 75g Of White Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 300g Of Plain Flour
- 1 & 1/2tsp Of Baking Powder
- 1/2tsp Of Bicarbonate Of Soda
- 200g Of White Chocolate Chips
- 10g Of Freeze Dried Strawberries
How To Make Cookies:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, beat together the 125g of unsalted butter with the 100g of light brown sugar and 75g of white granulated sugar until light and creamy.
- Next, add in the 1 beaten egg to the butter/sugar mixture and beat again until combined.
- Then, mix in the 200g of white chocolate chips and 10g of freeze dried strawberries.
- add in the 300g of plain flour, 1 1/2tsp of baking powder and 1/2tsp of bicarbonate of soda and beat until the cookie dough is formed (TIP: if the cookie dough isn’t forming, add a dash of milk and beat until the dough is formed).
- Once the dough has formed, wrap it in clingfilm and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Whilst the dough is in the fridge, preheat the oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas Mark 6.
- When the 30 minutes is up, take your cookie dough out the fridge, unravel it from the clingfilm and using a ice-cream scoop or your hands (I use my hands), take a scoop of dough, roll it into a ball and place on the baking trays. Continue to do this until there’s no dough left (TIP: I don’t measure my cookies out, I go by eye but measure them on a scale if you’d prefer).
- Place your cookies into the oven for around 12-14 minutes (TIP: they do come out the oven very soft but as they begin to cool down, they harden).
- Finally, once baked, leave them to cool and harden on the tray before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
That’s your Strawberry & White Chocolate Cookies prepared, refrigerated, baked and ready for you to enjoy!
You may have already noticed from the ingredients that these are incredibly sweet. If that’s not your vibe, maybe take out the chocolate chips and just add the freeze-dried strawberries!
These are the perfect summer cookie! Perfect for gatherings, picnics and everything in between.
Oooo I’ve also got to mention that warming these up in the microwave before eating is so damn good for a gooey centre.
Let me know if you make these yourself and what your thoughts are!
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,