Guys, I’m so sorry that it’s been a hot minute since I posted something low calorie. I promise there is more to come, I’ve just been enjoying baking some more indulgent bakes the past couple of weeks!
I actually got today’s recipe from the Pinch Of Nom book. It’s one of the first recipes I baked from the book and my family have since fallen in love with.
If you love chicken, you’ve GOT to try these. They are perfect for a low calorie dinner. The Pinch Of Nom book has them down as Zinger Burgers (which has been trialed and tested and is a fav in our household) but my mum tends to eat them with new potatoes and baked beans. The ways in which you can eat these are endless – it’s whatever takes your fancy on the day, I suppose.
I’d never thought of coating my chicken in Doritos (which is a favourite crisp in this household) but wowee, it’s good! It just gives your chicken that extra kick. I really think this will go down a treat with you guys.
Serves: 4 Large Chicken Breasts
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Overall Time: 60 Minutes
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 3 Large Chicken Breasts
- Bag Of Chilli Doritos
- 1tsp Of Paprika Seasoning
- 1tsp Of Mild Chilli Seasoning
- 1tsp Of Onion Granules
- 1tsp Of Garlic Granules
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a baking tray with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 180C / 160C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Secondly, in a food bag add half the bag of Doritos, 1tsp of paprika, 1tsp of mild chilli seasoning, 1tsp of garlic granules and 1tsp of onion granules.
- Using a rolling pin, smash the Doritos until they are nearly all a fine crumb (TIP: leave some larger pieces also), give the bag a shake so the seasonings coat the crumbs and then place the crumbs into a shallow dish.
- Making sure the chicken is dry, dust lightly with cornflour.
- Break an egg into a separate shallow dish and beat.
- Next, dip your chicken breast into the egg (making sure it’s coated) then into the Doritos crumbs. Press down the chicken into the crumbs, then turn over and press down again so that each chicken is coated both sides in the crumbs.
- Once coated, place the chicken breast onto the baking tray and repeat the steps above for each chicken breast.
- Sprinkle whatever Doritos crumb that is left over onto the chicken and spray with low calorie cooking spray.
- Place a sheet of tin foil over the chicken and place into the oven for around 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, take the chicken out the oven, turn the chicken over, spray again with low calorie cooking spray and place back in the oven for a further 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and golden.
- Finally, take out the oven and your chicken is ready to serve.
That’s your Zinger Chicken prepared, crumb coated, cooked and ready to be demolished!
How good do these look? They are crispy AF.
These have just got the best kick to them! honestly you guys, if you haven’t already, it’s time for you to make these! You haven’t lived until you’ve eaten a Dorito coated chicken.
Let me know if you make these yourself and what your thoughts are on them. You know me, I love to know your thoughts!
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,