Guys, I’m so sorry that it’s been a hot minute since I posted something low calorie. I promise there is more to come, I’ve just been enjoying baking some more indulgent bakes the past couple of weeks!
I actually got today’s recipe from the Pinch Of Nom book. It’s one of the first recipes I baked from the book and my family have since fallen in love with.
If you love chicken, you’ve GOT to try these. They are perfect for a low calorie dinner. The Pinch Of Nom book has them down as Zinger Burgers (which has been trialed and tested and is a fav in our household) but my mum tends to eat them with new potatoes and baked beans. The ways in which you can eat these are endless – it’s whatever takes your fancy on the day, I suppose.
I’d never thought of coating my chicken in Doritos (which is a favourite crisp in this household) but wowee, it’s good! It just gives your chicken that extra kick. I really think this will go down a treat with you guys.
Serves: 4 Large Chicken Breasts
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Overall Time: 60 Minutes
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 3 Large Chicken Breasts
- Bag Of Chilli Doritos
- 1tsp Of Paprika Seasoning
- 1tsp Of Mild Chilli Seasoning
- 1tsp Of Onion Granules
- 1tsp Of Garlic Granules
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a baking tray with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 180C / 160C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Secondly, in a food bag add half the bag of Doritos, 1tsp of paprika, 1tsp of mild chilli seasoning, 1tsp of garlic granules and 1tsp of onion granules.
- Using a rolling pin, smash the Doritos until they are nearly all a fine crumb (TIP: leave some larger pieces also), give the bag a shake so the seasonings coat the crumbs and then place the crumbs into a shallow dish.
- Making sure the chicken is dry, dust lightly with cornflour.
- Break an egg into a separate shallow dish and beat.
- Next, dip your chicken breast into the egg (making sure it’s coated) then into the Doritos crumbs. Press down the chicken into the crumbs, then turn over and press down again so that each chicken is coated both sides in the crumbs.
- Once coated, place the chicken breast onto the baking tray and repeat the steps above for each chicken breast.
- Sprinkle whatever Doritos crumb that is left over onto the chicken and spray with low calorie cooking spray.
- Place a sheet of tin foil over the chicken and place into the oven for around 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, take the chicken out the oven, turn the chicken over, spray again with low calorie cooking spray and place back in the oven for a further 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and golden.
- Finally, take out the oven and your chicken is ready to serve.
That’s your Zinger Chicken prepared, crumb coated, cooked and ready to be demolished!
How good do these look? They are crispy AF.
These have just got the best kick to them! honestly you guys, if you haven’t already, it’s time for you to make these! You haven’t lived until you’ve eaten a Dorito coated chicken.
Let me know if you make these yourself and what your thoughts are on them. You know me, I love to know your thoughts!
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,
Mmmm saving for my husband to make sometime
I hope he loves these! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Oh wow this sounds and looks absolutely delish! Perfect for a Friday night when I want to be naughty but not tooooo naughty
Yes 100%, these are only 211 calories which makes these guilt free! They are absolutely delicious, I think you’ll love them. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Oh these look amazing! I am always on the lookout for some new ways to cook chicken and this sounds like a great treat! Love when it gets crispy x
Honestly, you can’t go wrong with these. They are delicious! Really crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I think my husband would LOVE these — thanks for the food inspiration!
I really hope he does, let me know your thoughts if you do get a chance to make these! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Oh my word I need to try this out! That chicken looks delicious! x
Lucy | http://www.lucymary.co.uk
Honestly, it is amazing! So yummy! Its a fav in our household. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I am a huge fan of chicken! I have heard about zinger wings before and I have always wanted to give them a try. This looks so yummy.
honestly if you like chicken, you’ll love these! They are delicious! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I would never think to use Doritos in a recipe but this looks fab and so yummy xx
Neither. I couldn’t believe it when I saw the recipe. I love chilli Doritos and damn do they taste amazing on the chicken! Unreal! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I’m always looking for new chicken recipes and I never thought of using Doritos! I love that you describe it as crispy! I can’t wait to try it. Thanks for sharing Elle!
I’d never heard of this chicken before either and I was stoked when I saw it. It’s crispy on the outside and super moist on the inside – the perfect combination. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These look delicious! I absolutely freaking LOVE Zinger Tower Burgers from KFC, so this would be a great option! x
Oooo yes! I can imagine the two are very similar. The Doritos and seasonings give it a great kick of flavour. It’s super yummy! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
This sounds absolutely incredible! I used to love zinger chicken when I regularly are meat. Will definitely have to give this a try x
Oh it’s amazing, honestly if you loved zinger chicken before, you’ll love these! They are delicious. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Great recipe! These look delicious – it’s just a bonus that they’re low calorie! Will have to try these out soon, thanks for sharing x
You can’t beat a dinner which is guilt free. You wouldn’t believe these are low calorie, they have a great kick of flavour to them! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
So so delicious as well as healthy recipe given. Loved the step by step information and easy to pronounce language for more deep understanding.
Keep sharing more. Looking for more new recipies
Ah that’s amazing, thank you so much. I’m so pleased my recipe was clear and easy to understand – that’s always my aim. Thank you so much for commenting Xo