Want me to let you in on a secret?
Today’s bake was actually meant to be Lemon Rock Cakes but that failed miserably. I followed the instructions word for word but it just didn’t work out unfortunately.
That being said, instead of rock cakes being formed, these cookies were! These weren’t quite what I was looking for when we opened the cooker door but boy, did these cookies taste good. So it worked out perfectly in the end!
That’s the thing with baking, you can have your fails, you can have your tantrums and everything in between. Then, something like this happens and it makes all of the above worthwhile.
So if you’d like to make these cookies yourself, the recipe is below:
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 12-15 Minutes
Overall Time: 25 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 225g Of Self-Raising Flour
- 110g Of Salted Butter, Chilled
- 75g Of Caster Sugar
- 2 Medium Eggs, Beaten
- 150g Of Sultanas
- Grated Zest & Juice Of One Lemon
- 2-3tbsp Of Milk
- 2tsp Of Baking Powder
How To Make The Cookies:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line two baking trays with parchment paper and preheat your oven 200C / 180C Fan / Gas Mark 6.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, add the 225g of self-raising flour and salt.
- Next, rub the 110g of butter into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Once the mixture resembles breadcrumbs, stir in the 75g of caster sugar, 150g of sultanas and the zest of a lemon.
- Mix in the juice of one lemon and the 2 beaten eggs then, add in the milk a tablespoon at a time (if required) until the mixture is a stiff consistency.
- Using a spoon, spoon the mixture onto the baking tray, making sure you leave a gap between each cookie.
- Place the cookies into the oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Finally, once cooked, leave on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring over to a wire rack to call further.
That’s your Lemon & Sultana Cookies prepared, cooked and ready to be eaten!
These went down an absolute TREAT with the family. I’m so pleased this recipe worked out yummy in the end… even though my rock cakes failed. These cookies were the bomb.com!
Let me know if you end up making these cookies yourself and what you think! I think if your a lover of anything lemon infused, you’ll love these.
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,