Well guys, after a month of extremely indulgent bakes, you’ll be pleased to hear I’m back today with the healthier bakes.
I’m so excited to share with you the ‘healthier’ bakes that I’ve got planned. I’ve spent hours scrolling through the internet finding different recipes to share with you guys. You’ll find a lot of recipes that are coming up are inspired by slimmers world, pinch of nom and weight watchers.
To kick start these bakes, I wanted to share with you this Vegan Chocolate Flapjack. It’s funny, you’d think with it having chocolate on that it would be deemed as unhealthy but it actually isn’t.
Flapjacks are very nostalgic, I remember always having them as a kid. I’ll be honest, some flapjacks are much tastier than others which is why I wanted to make my own today. I wanted to make a flapjack that was super yummy and something everyone would enjoy.
So here it is, the flapjack recipe:
Category: Healthy Snack
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Overall Time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients You Need To Make Flapjack:
- 350g Of Oats
- 100g Of Chopped Walnuts
- 100g Of Raisins
- 100g Of Desiccated Coconut
- 50g Of Brown Sugar
- 2 Apples
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 50ml Of Coconut Oil
- 3tbsp Of Honey
- 1tsp Of Cinnamon
- 1tsp Of Ginger
- 1.5tsp Of Baking Powder
- 2tsp Of Vanilla Extract
Ingredients For Chocolate Topping:
- 180g Of Vegan Dark Chocolate
- 1/2tsp Of Coconut Oil
How To Make Flapjack:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a baking tin with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 140C Fan / 280F / Gas Mark 1.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, add all your dry ingredients ( 350g of oats, 100g of raisins, 100g of desiccated coconut, 50g of brown sugar, 1tsp of cinnamon, 1tsp of ginger and 1.5tsp of baking powder ) and mix together.
- Next, core and chop your apple (TIP: no need to peel) into small chunks then mix them into the dry ingredients.
- Using either a food processor or your hands, blitz/mash together the 3 bananas, 2tsp of vanilla extract, 3tbsp of honey, 50ml of coconut oil then add them into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Once mixed together, pour the flapjack mixture into your baking tin and place in the oven for around 20 minutes.
- When the flapjack is baked, allow to cool in the tin before turning out and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
How To Do The Chocolate Topping:
- Firstly, break up the 180g of vegan dark chocolate into small pieces, place into a microwaveable bowl and place in the microwave in 30 second blasts until completely melted.
- Once melted, mix in the 1/2tsp of coconut oil and pour on-top of the cooled flapjack making sure the entire top is covered.
- Place the chocolate covered flapjack into the fridge to set.
- Finally, once set, take out the tin and cut into slabs.
That’s your Vegan Chocolate Flapjack prepared, baked, covered in chocolate, set and ready to be demolished.
This is everything you’d want a flapjack to be. It’s not too sweet, it’s healthy despite the fact it’s got chocolate on and believe me when I say, you can literally taste each of the different ingredients in this flapjack. It’s *chefs kiss* perfect!
Let me know if you end up making these and if you do, let me know what you think. Are you a fan?
Sending you all tons of love and hugs as always,