IKEA may think they have the most ‘famous’ meatballs in the UK but they haven’t tried these bad boys yet!
Are you a meatballs kinda gal or boy? well, I genuinely think I’ve made some top notch meatballs here which you’ve got to try. No ifs or buts, you’ve GOT to try these meatballs for yourself… well okay… you haven’t really GOT to try them but I’d highly recommend you do haha.
Who doesn’t love food that is stuffed with cheese? I know in this house we love it so it only felt right to stuff these meatballs full of yummy mozzarella. So that when you cut open these meatballs, it’s cheesy goodness inside and they are every savoury lovers dream!
These meatballs in particular are so thick & juicy – the way they should be made (in my opinion anyway). AND they are so quick and easy to make – you just can’t go wrong. So if you’d like to make these for yourself, the recipe is below:
Serves: 10 Large Portions
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 Minutes
Overall Time: 45 Minutes
Ingredients You Need To Make Meatballs:
- 500g Of Lean Mince
- 1 Onion, Diced (very small)
- Sachet Of Low Carb Chilli Mix
- 1 Egg Yolk
- Packet Of Light Mozzarella
How To Make Meatballs:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients and preheat the oven to around 140C / 160C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, add your 500g of lean mince, 1 diced onion and sachet of chilli mix and mix together throughly.
- Once mixed, add one egg yolk and bind the mixture together (TIP: I’d recommend using your hands to bind).
- Using your hands, take a chunk of the meatball mixture and mould into a ball.
- Take a piece of the mozzarella (don’t need to slice it etc, just use your hands to take chunks) and push it into the middle of the meatball.
- Then, mould the meatball meat around the mozzarella, making sure the mozzarella is completely covered by the meat.
- Repeat this with each of your meatballs.
- Once, you’ve moulded your stuffed mozzarella meatballs, place them into a shallow glass dish and place into the oven.
- Cook the meatballs for around 25-30 minutes.
That’s your Stuffed Mozzarella Meatballs prepared, stuffed, cooked and ready for you to enjoy!
Meatballs don’t have to just go with pasta, they can go with anything you like. Today’s meatballs went ontop of a salad and went down an absolute treat. So if pasta isn’t your vibe, give a meatball salad a try instead.
Can these meatballs take over IKEA’s? you’ll have to make them yourself and find out. Let me know if you do end up making my meatballs and wether you liked them or not.
Sending you all tons of love and hugs as always,
I absolutely love meatballs! They’re such a great treat to have and always remind me of the times back home when I helped my mum or grandma to make them. Really need to try the stuffed mozzarella ones! Thanks for sharing x
They are very nostalgic aren’t they! I remember helping my mum when I was younger also. I love when food brings memories back. You’ve definitely got to try them with mozzarella, they are so yummy! Xo
Oh my god. You are my new favourite food blog! I am in awe! I need to make these ASAP
Ah that’s so nice to hear, thank you so much lovely! These are the best meatballs I’ve tried, that’s being dead honest. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
We love homemade meatballs – I never buy any at the store and my fiancé is always excited for homemade meatballs. I ‘ll add this to the list to try thanks Elle!
You can’t beat them can you? Some things in life are just better when they are homemade and meatballs is defiantly one of them. Thank you so much for commenting Xo