Sing it with me ‘It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year’ – if that song doesn’t give you the festive feels, I don’t know what will.
Oh yes! the festive season is upon us and boy, am I excited. If you know me then you’ll know this is my favourite time of year and even with the lockdown rules that are in place, I’m going to make the most of Christmas and spending quality time with the people in my bubble… as should everyone!
I think my mum can vouch for me when I say: every year since starting my blog, I always try to improve my content, this happens especially around Christmas. I like the thought of my bakes this year outdoing the bakes from last year. it’s almost like I’m in competition with myself! So, this year I’ve been working super hard (since September may I add) to plan my Christmas 2020 content and I’m SO excited to share it with you! So saddle up and let Christmas 2020 commence.
I thought we’d kick start the festive season with a bake, as let’s be real, it wouldn’t be me if I didn’t start with some kind of festive inspired sweet treat.
So, today I’m sharing with you my quick and easy, no cooking required, rice krispie pudding balls. Not only do they taste good but they look super cute when made… need I say more?
If you’d like to get making these puddings for yourself, the recipe is below:
Ingredients You Need:
- 200g Of Milk Chocolate
- 50g Of Butter
- 150g Of Mini Marshmellows
- 100g Of Rice Krispie
How To Make Rice Krispie Balls:
- Firstly, add the 200g of milk chocolate and 50g of butter into a saucepan and carefully melt over a low/medium heat.
- Next, add in the 150g of mini marshmallows and continue to stir the mixture until everything has completely melted and combined.
- In a large mixing bowl add the 100g of rice krispies and pour the chocolate/marshmallow mixture into the rice krispie bowl and stir together until fully coated.
- Then, using a spoon, divide the mixture into equal amounts and roll the rice krispies in your hand to make the pudding balls (TIP: wet your hands a little before rolling the balls as it helps the mixture not to stick to your hands).
- Place the finished pudding balls on a baking tray with parchment paper and place into the fridge for around 30 minutes.
Ingredients You Need To Decorate:
- 50g Of White Chocolate
- Holly Leave Sprinkles ( https://www.lakeland.co.uk/62994/Scrumptious-Sprinkles-Christmas-Sprinkletti-100g )
How To Decorate Your Rice Krispie Balls:
- To decorate, melt your 50g of white chocolate in a microwave in 30 second blasts until completely melted. Once melted, place the chocolate into a piping bag.
- When the puddings have chilled, take out the fridge. Snip the end off of the piping bag filled with white chocolate and drizzle the white chocolate over the pudding balls.
- Finally, pour out your Christmas themed sprinkles onto the counter or in a bowl, pick out the holly leaves and red balls (two leaves and one red ball per rice krispie ball) and add your tiny little red ball in the centre of the top of the rice krispie balls and place your holly leaves around the red ball.
That’s your Rice Krispie Christmas Pudding Balls prepared, chilled, decorated and ready to be served!
Can we just take a minute to appreciate how small and cute these are? These will be the perfect little snack, don’t you think?
If you want something that’s super easy to make, then these are the sweet treats for you. They take little to no time, don’t require any cooking and the outcome is CUTE… can I say that enough… probably not!
Let me know if your going to give these ago yourself, I’d love to know.
Sending you all tons of love and hugs as always,