So it’s finally the time of year when the hot chocolates make an appearance again. Don’t get me wrong, you can have them any time of the year BUT autumn/winter it’s a necessity to have a hot chocolate in hand!
That being said, I’m not actually the biggest fan of your traditional Cadbury’s hot chocolate BUT I tried Costa’s white hot chocolate last year and that changed the game! I’m now converted to white hot chocolates for the foreseeable future.
So when I saw online that people were making pumpkin spice, white hot chocolates – you know I had to jump on the bandwagon! I actually made mine a little different to the ones I read about online, instead of using pumpkin purée, I used pumpkin spice and boy, did it taste good!
So if you’d like to get baking this not chocolate yourself, the recipes below:
Ingredients You Need For Hot Chocolate:
- 1182ml Of Milk
- 236ml Of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 12ounces Of White Baking Chocolate
- 2tsp Of Pumpkin Spice
How To Make Hot Chocolate:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients.
- Secondly, in a saucepan over a medium heat whisk together the 1182ml of milk with the 12oz of white chocolate and 236ml of heavy whipping cream until hot and creamy (TIP: do not boil).
- Whisk in the 2tsp of pumpkin spice and heat to a comfortable drinking temperature.
Ingredients For Whipped Cream:
- 354ml Of Double Cream
- 6tbsp Of Icing Sugar
- 1tbsp Of Vanilla Essence
- Handful Of Marshmallows
How To Make Whipping Cream:
- Whilst the hot chocolate is cooling down, that’s a great time to get started on your whipped cream.
- Beat the double cream until it begins to thicken.
- Once thickened, add in the 6tbsp of icing sugar along with the 1tbsp of vanilla essence and beat until a soft peak forms.
- Place a dollop of your finished whipped cream on top of the hot chocolate and add a few marshmallows.
And that ladies and gentlemen is your Pumpkin Spice, White Hot Chocolate prepared and heated – ready to enjoy!
What’s your favourite hot chocolate? I’m pretty boring usually when it comes to my hot chocolate, plain white chocolate does me good but I know there’s hundreds of different ones to try which I think I’ll be doing throughout autumn/winter!
If you wanna step outside your comfort zone, then this is the hot chocolate to do that with… I’m interested to know what you think so do let me know!
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,
This looks delicious! my sister is the biggest fan of pumpkin spiced so I really need to share this with her and try it out later in the year! I am sure she would love it x
Thank you so much! Ah pumpkin spice is the best in the autumn, I love it. Xo