As I’ve mentioned before in a previous post, if you know me, my absolute favourite time of year is autumn/winter, especially when it comes to baking.
I just love being able to use the spices in practically every autumnal/winter bake i do. I know I can use it all year round but you can go spice crazy in these seasons and I LOVE it… have I mentioned that enough?
Last year, after a couple of months of searching, my dad found me some pumpkin spice and I genuinely couldn’t have been happier. I used it in a fair few bakes last year but something I didn’t do was cookies! So when I was thinking about what to make this year that can have my pumpkin spice in, I thought of baking a yummy cookie.
And after looking for a little inspiration on what to do with the cookies (as I didn’t want the cookies to be boring), I found a recipe of someone who put cream cheese on top and they was raving about the combo so can you guess what I’m doing today? I bet you can’t…
So if you’d like to create a pumpkin cookie that’s smothered in cream cheese frosting, then the recipes below:
Ingredients For Pumpkin Spice Cookie:
- 284g Of All-Purpose Flour
- 140g Of Unsalted Butter
- 160g Of Granulated Sugar
- 110g Of Light Brown Sugar
- 1tsp Of Bicarbonate Of Soda
- 1/2tsp Of Baking Powder
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Essence
- 2tsp Of Pumpkin Spice
- 1 Large Egg
How To Make Pumpkin Spice Cookie:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line 2 baking trays with parchment paper and preheat your oven to
- Secondly, in a large bowl mix together your 284g of all-purpose flour, 1tsp of bicarbonate of soda, 1/2tsp of baking powder, 2tsp and pumpkin spice.
- Then, in another bowl using an electric whisk, cream together the 140g of unsalted butter with the 160g of granulated sugar and 110g of light brown sugar until well combined.
- Next, mix in the egg and vanilla essence and whisk again.
- Add in the dry contents and mix until well combined.
- Using a icecream scoop, scoop out the cookie dough onto the parchment paper, making sure you leave enough space in between so the cookie can spread.
- When you’ve done placing the cooking dough onto the baking trays, place in the oven for around 13-15 minutes.
- Once cooked, allow to cool on the baking tray before moving to wire rack to cool further.
Ingredients For Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 70g Of Unsalted Butter
- 113g Of Cream Cheese
- 248g Of Icing Sugar
- 1/2tsp Of Vanilla Essence
How To Make Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric whisk, whisk together the 70g of unsalted butter with the 113g of cream cheese until smooth and fluffy.
- Once whisked, add in the 248g of icing sugar along with the 1/2tsp of vanilla essence and mix together until well combined.
How To Decorate:
- Once your cream cheese is made, add a couple of drops of orange food colouring and mix together.
- Spoon a dollop of your orange cream cheese on top of each of the cookies, spread out.
- Finally, using a edible gel pen, draw some scary faces onto the cookie and leave to set
That’s your Pumpkin Spice Cooked With Cream Cheese Frosting prepared, baked and ready for you to dive into!
Honestly, this is an autumnal dream.
Pumpkin spice is one of my all time favourite spices to work with, it has a kick to it and man, does it taste good in everything you put it in. It just works.
What’s your favourite spice to add into your bakes? Like I say, mine is either pumpkin spice or cinnamon, I’m all about that life!
Sending tons of love and hugs to you all as always,