Function Of Beauty… I think everyone and their pet gold fish know about this brand or have at least heard of them!
Every influencer I follow has had the chance to try this brand and give their own review on it. Now don’t get me wrong, their getting paid but I do put my trust in them that they aren’t just doing it for the money but actually like the products! I actually first heard of them through YouTube sensation Zoella, formally known as Zoe Sugg. She done a YouTube review on both the shampoo and condition which defiantly made me want to give the brand ago.
If you haven’t heard of Function Of Beauty, they are a haircare brand which formulate their products to your hair type and preference.
With Function Of Beauty, YOU decide what goes and doesn’t go into your formula. You decide what you want to achieve and what you want your hair to be like.
How Does The Brand Work?
you take a quiz. A hair quiz to help build your hair profile.
Firstly, you answer three questions about your hair. (the answers in green are what I chose)
Secondly, you choose five different options on what you’d like to achieve with this shampoo / conditioner. (the ones in green are what I chose)
Next, you customise your formula. You can chose the scent of your products and the strength of the scent you’d prefer. ( the ones in green are what I chose)
Then, you personalise your products! You can add your name onto the bottles and chose the colour of shampoo and conditioner you’d like. (the ones in green are the ones I chose)
Finally, you chose your size and frequency. You chose the size of the bottles and how often you’d like to receive them. (the ones in green are the ones I chose)
It took around 2 weeks to receive my shampoo and conditioner which I didn’t think was bad considering they’ve got to create your unique formula.
I thought I’d share with you the pro’s and cons of this brand so you can make the decision yourself.
- As you’ll be able to see I chose the anti-frizz option when choosing my hair goals. My hair never use to be frizzy but since falling ill, my hair has changed completely. I now look like I’ve got a lions mane after washing with head & shoulders shampoo. This being said, since using the function of beauty shampoo and conditioner, my hair isn’t no where near as frizzy. My baby hairs are still out of control but my hair itself is much smoother.
- Even my mum commented on how glossy and shiny my hair has been since using this brand.
- My hair is defiantly more hydrated and the ends of my hair don’t look as dry as they did.
- The shampoo and conditioner both last a while, I wash my hair once, possibly twice a week and they’ve lasted me well over 10 washes. Obviously if you wash your hair more than me, you’ll go through it much quicker but the longevity of both products is good.
- The conditioner defiantly works wonders for the knots in my hair, brushing through it after a shower is much less stressful.
- This is personal preference but I think the make of the bottles isn’t the best. They don’t dispense enough product.
- I find that I’m using more shampoo and conditioner than I usually would (ALTHOUGH my hair does literally soak up product).
- I haven’t noticed a difference in my scalp since using these products. I chose the ‘soothe scalp’ option but I’d say my scalp is still pretty raw and scabby.
I’ll be honest, I have actually stopped using the shampoo for now as my scalp isn’t looking pretty so I’ve gone back to using my Head & Shoulders shampoo to help clear it up. I’m still using the conditioner which I actually really like and once my scalp has cleared up, I’ll continue to use the rest of the shampoo.
This being said, would I repurchase? probably not. I’ve tried the brand and haven’t really got anything bad to say about it but I just think I’ll stick to my regular shampoos which I know will help clear up my scalp.
I’d defiantly recommend giving this brand a go though if your in the market for a new shampoo and condition. I love the fact you can tailor the ingredients to your needs and wants.
*all photos from today’s blogpost are from Function Of Beauty’s website*
I hope this gave you an insight into the brand and what their all about. I think it’s an amazing concept they’ve come up with as who doesn’t want the perfect hair?
Furthermore, I hope this helped make your mind up wether you want to give this brand a try or not. I tried to put all the information I possibly could into this review, so I hope it helps!
Sending tons of love and hugs to you all as always,