Oh yes, the baking game is still going strong!
I thought I’d mix it up a little today and share with you another one of my savoury bakes.
This savoury quiche just screams summer bbq’s to me. Every year we have plenty of bbq’s to celebrate family members birthdays etc, and you can always guarantee they’ll be a quiche on the side waiting for people to cut into.
Well bbq season is creeping up on us very quickly so you best start getting your quiche on! If you’d like a simple yet effective quiche to bake for you and your family this summer, then the recipe for mine is below;
Ingredients You Need:
- Roll Out Short Crust Pastry
- 300mls Of Evaporated Milk
- 1/2tsp Of Dry Mustard
- Bag Of Grated Cheese
- 6oz Of Bacon Rashers
- 1 Onion
- 4 Eggs
How To Make Your Quiche:
- Firstly, gather together all your equipment & ingredients and preheat the oven to 400F / Gas Mark 6.
- Secondly, on a floured surface, roll out your short crust pasty until it’s big enough to fit your case and place into case and press down lightly.
- Next, in a large bowl, beat your four eggs and set aside.
- In a pan, place your onions and chopped up bacon and sauté them.
- Once you’ve sauté them, place the bacon and onion into the large bowl which has the eggs in, making sure you drain the oil from the onion and bacon first before adding them into mixture.
- Now, add the cheese to the egg mixture. I didn’t use a certain amount of cheese, I just added around 3/4 of the bag and mix together.
- Add in 1/2tsp of dry mustard and 300mls of evaporated milk to the mixture and mix together. At this point, you’ll know wether you need to add more bacon etc to the mixture.
- Pour into your prepared case and bake in the centre of the oven for around 30 minutes.
that’s your quiche prepared, baked and ready to enjoy!
This literally took no longer than 10 minutes to prepare, it’s super quick & easy to make and tastes delicious!
Will you be baking a quiche this summer? If so, let me know in the comments below what your primary ingredients are! My family like it simple, so cheese & bacon is perfect but I do know people who go a lil more adventurous then us. Therefore, I’d love to know what your favourite quiche ingredients are…
Sending you tons of love and hugs as always,