I’m back again with another post that includes number 2 of 5 different bakes that I’ll be posting every Sunday up until Easter!
A couple of years ago, for Easter I share with you my ‘bread and butter’ pudding recipe which is a family favourite. Obviously I didn’t want to share that recipe again, so I decided to share with you a bake which my auntie does EVERY Easter without fail. Not only is it the fastest desert to be demolished, it’s a desert that you hot cross bun lovers out there will throughly enjoy! It’s my Hot Cross Bun & Butter Pudding.
Ingredients You Need:
- 300ml Of Pot Double Cream
- 600ml Of Milk
- 4 Eggs
- 100g Of Golden Caster Sugar
- 8 Hot Cross Buns
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Of Vanilla Essence
- 40g Of Soft Butter
- 100g Of Marzipan
- 3 Tablespoons Of Chunky Marmalade
- Icing Sugar For Dusting (If Wanted)
How To Make:
- Firstly, gather together all your ingredients, equipment and preheat the oven to 170C / 150C Fan / Gas Mark 3.
- Secondly, in a pan over a gentle heat warm the cream and milk.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla essence together with a fork in a large bowl, then gradually add the warmed up cream mixture.
- Next, halve the 8 Hot Cross buns and spread with butter, arranging them in a large shallow ovenproof dish.
- Dot with the marzipan and brush the marmalade ontop.
- Now, pour the cream mixture over and set aside to soak in for around 15 minutes.
- Then, press the buns down into the custard mixture as they soften.
- Bake for around 50 minutes until set, then remove and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Finally, dust lightly with icing sugar and serve whilst warm.
That’s your Hot Cross Bun & Butter Pudding prepared, cooked and ready to enjoy this Easter!
Let me know in the comments below or on any of my social media platforms if you gave today’s bake a go, if you enjoyed it and how it went down with your loved ones. I’m always so excited to hear that many of you baking my bakes, as it keeps me motivated to continue on.
Sending tons of love & hugs to you all as always,