Easter is fast approaching and you know what that means? baking yummy Easter treats to enjoy over the Easter period!
Anyone who celebrates Easter will know that it’s the one time of year where you can over indulge in chocolate and not feel guilty about it. You can eat until your hearts content and feel damn good about it (that’s our families rule anyway), because who doesn’t tasty sweet treats?
Over the years that I’ve been blogging, I’ve always done Easter blogposts that share my sweet treat recipes with you all and this year is no different. I’ve decided that for the next 5, YES 5 Sunday’s I’ll be sharing with you one of my Easter bakes which are far to advertising not to eat and not to give ago yourself! as always, these recipes will be quick, easy and perfect for any level of bakery skills, because no one wants to spend hours slaving in the kitchen… especially when the foods this good!
Today, I’m baking some Creme Egg Brownies, the name itself invites you in doesn’t it? So if you’d like to know how I made these, then keep on reading;
- 226g Of Butter, Room Temperature
- 200g Of Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- 240g Of Plain Flour / All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Of Baking Powder
- 3oz Of Milk Chocolate Chips
- 2 Packets Of Mini Creme Eggs, Unwrapped & Cut In Half
- 6 Malteser Bunnies
- 1 Packet Of Mini Eggs
How To Make My Creme Egg Brownies:
- Firstly, gather together all your ingredients, equipment, line a 8x8inch baking tin with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350F / 180C / Gas Mark 4.
- Secondly, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave and stir until it’s smooth in texture and combine, then leave aside.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl cream together the 226g of butter and 200g of brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the 2 beaten eggs and stir well.
- Now, slowly stir in the melted chocolate until it’s combined.
- Then, slowly add in the 240g of plain flour / all-purpose flour mixed in with 1 teaspoon of baking powder and fold into the mixture.
- To finish the brownie batter, add in the bag of mini eggs and fold through.
- In the 8x8inch baking tin, spread the batter on the bottom of the tin and make smooth.
- Press in the chopped in half Creme Eggs until distributed evenly. TIP: if you want some of the Creme Eggs inside the brownies, press right down to the bottom and smooth the batter over the top with a spoon.
- Bake for around 30 minutes or until the top of the brownies is set and firm to touch.
- Once cooked, allow to cook right down before placing on a wire rack to cool further.
- Finally, once cooled, place the 6 Malteser Bunnies ontop of the brownies and that’s you finished.
That’s your Creme Egg Brownies prepared, baked and ready for you to eat.
If you do give these ago yourself, remember to let me know below or tag me on my social media pages as I’m always so excited to see you recreations!
I hope your ready for all these Easter Bakes I’m about to post, as believe me these are firm favourites which I know everyone will enjoy and can be made easily when wanted.
Sending tons of love & hugs to you all as always,
These look so so good! I really wanna make them now!!
-Kyra || lovekyra.co.uk
Thank you so much lovely! they certainly went down a treat. so quick. easy and totally worth it😋xxx