It’s baking time baby! I’m back in the kitchen, making a mess and trialling new recipes that come to my head on the daily.
Doughnut, who doesn’t love a good Doughnut? or packet of Doughnut? they are just so blooming moreish. Anyway, Doughnuts is one of those food items that you can enjoy hot during the winter (warm donuts off Brighton pier are DELISH) or cold during the summer. Doughnuts in my opinion are seasonal and something everyone can enjoy regardless of the temperature.
doughnuts are very nostalgic for me, I remember as a child, I’d have a fresh doughnut on the kitchen side waiting for me every Monday when I got home from school. Myself and my parents would sit and eat them whilst talking about our days. It was one of my favourite tasty, yet very naughty treats to have and still to this day, I salivate just thinking about them.
Furthermore, if you read my ‘What I Got For Christmas – Baking Edition’ blogpost that went up last month, you’ll know that for Christmas, my parents surprised me with a Doughnuts Maker, which instantly brought an itch to start cooking. As I mentioned above, donuts are nostalgic to me and being able to make donuts from the comfort of my own home makes me unbelievably excited!
So, as I can imagine you’ve already guessed, today I’m bringing you my Donut Recipe. Although, these aren’t any old donuts, these are Valentines Day inspired. Let’s be real, us girls love nothing more than receiving food (it’s something all girls have in common, a pure undying love for food… I blame our hormones), so boys/girls why not make them yourself? OR if your single, like myself this Valentine’s Day, why not make them yourself to indulge in whilst cuddled up in bed? Sounds great to me…
Anyway, if you’d like to make my Doughnhts, please keep reading;
Equipment You Need:
- A Donut Maker
- A Disposable Icing Bag & Round Nozzle
- Wire Rack
- 1 Large Bowl For The Batter
- 2 Small Bowls For Decorating
- 1 Wooden Spoon
- 2 Teaspoons
Ingredients You Need To Make Doughnuts:
- 1 Large Egg
- 125g Of Caster Sugar
- 50g Of Butter
- 200g Of Plain Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Of Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Of Vanilla Essence
- Pinch Of Salt
- 125g Of Milk
- Bag Of Wilton Red Candy Melts
- Valentines Sprinkles
How To Make Doughnuts:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients.
- Sift together the 200g of flour and 2 teaspoons of baking powder in your large bowl.
- Next, make a well in the middle and add in the 125g of caster sugar, 125g of milk, 1 large egg, 1teaspoon if vanilla extract, 50g of melted butter and pinch of salt, then mix together until a batter forms.
- Now, turn on your doughnuts machine at the mains and wait for the indicator goes on, which indicates that the donut maker has began preheating.
- Once you’ve allowed your doughnuts maker to pre-heat, the indicator will go off and this means the cooking plates have reached the correct temperature for cooking.
- Spray some oil (or rub butter onto the cooking plates) as this will assist in the removal of doughnuts after cooking.
- Place your batter into your piping bag which should be pre-prepared with a nozzle in (you can also spoon the batter in). Then, divide the mixture equally into the pan moulds.
- Gently close the lid, ensuring the latch locks in place (don’t slam the lid shut as it can cause the mixture to run off the cooking plates).
- Allow to cook for approximately 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once your doughnuts are cooked, they should be removed only with either a wooden spoon or plastic spoon. Never use a sharp object or metal, as not only will this damage the doughnut machine, it can end up hurting you.
- Allow the doughnuts to cool completely on a wire rack, before decorating.
How To Decorate:
- Once your doughnuts have completely cooled, it’s time to start decorating.
- In a small bowl, add the red candy melts and melt in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Once they’ve melted, dip one of side of the doughnut into the melted candy melts.
- Then, dip into a bowl filled with ‘valentines day’ sprinkles before the melted candy hardens.
That’s your doughnuts prepared, made and decorated.
I’m so pleased with the way these turned out, perfect for a small sweet treat… oh and these are much healthier than a doughnut you’d buy from your local supermarket which means, you can eat a bunch without feeling to guilty!
The doughnut maker which id highly recommend you buying, is from Debenhams. It’s quick, easy and the outcome is something everyone can enjoy! with or without being decorated. Unfortunately, Debenhams doesn’t have it in stock at the moment so I’ve linked below a machine like mine.
I really hope you enjoyed today’s valentines inspired treat! let me know in the comments below or on any of my social media platforms if you decided to buy a doughnut machine yourself or bake these.
Sending tons of love & hugs as always,