As you’ll know if you’ve been reading my blog for the past 18 months or so, last year I lost my best friend Jessica-Jayde Allen after a 6 year battle to Ewing-Sarcoma, a rare disease in which cancerous cells are found within the bone or soft tissues.
Jess was first diagnosed with cancer in May 2011, after years of invasive chemotherapy, treatments and a massive operation which removed her collar bone and two ribs, and being under 7 different hospitals at one point, Jess beat cancer twice. Unfortunately, in August 2015 Jess relapsed and bravely fought on for 20 months knowing she was terminal.
Our beautiful and admirable Jess gained her angel wings on the 11th of April 2017. There was no doubt that her strength, bravery and determination to continue fighting despite everything life through at her, was unbelievably inspiring and she helped teenagers/adults worldwide fighting cancer, chronic illnesses and those suffering from mental health on the daily.
Terri Plummer, Jess’s mum, wants her name to live on in the positive light that Jess was. Therefore, last year Terri decided to set up this Pyjama Appeal, for Jess as there was nothing Jess liked more then to have a pair of new comfortable pyjama’s when she was being admitted into hospital.
Last year, Terri with the help of the public collected 154 pairs of pyjama’s for The Royal Marsden and 60 pairs of pyjama’s for the Royal Alexandra Children’s Hospitals (both hospitals Jess was treated in). These Pyjama’s were then handed out Christmas Eve for the sick children/teenagers to wake up to or wake up in on Christmas Day. If you hadn’t of guessed by now, I’m obviously writing this blogpost today as Terri is doing this again this year with the help of her team, in memory of our angel Jess.
Though, This Year We Are Going Bigger & We Couldn’t Do This Without YOU!
The hospitals and Hospices which will be benefiting from Terri’s Pyjama Appeal this year are;
- The Royal Marsden Children’s and Teenagers Ward, Sutton.
- The Royal Alexandra Children’s Hospital, Brighton.
- The Chestnut Tree Children’s Hospice.
- The Conquest Children’s Ward, Hastings.
- Bluefin Children’s Ward, Worthing.
- Demelza House Children’s Hospice, Hastings.
- Tudor House, Brighton.
- Chalk Hill Hospital, Hayward’s Heath.
- East Surrey Outward Children’s Ward.
- Ronald McDonald House, Brighton.
- & The Martlets Hospice.
and the sizes we are collecting for are;
- 3-4 yrs
- 4-5 yrs
- 6-7 yrs
- 8-9 yrs
- 9-10 yrs
- 10-11 yrs
- 11-12 yrs
- 12-13 yrs
- 13-14 yrs
- 14-15 yrs
then small adult sizes we are collecting are;
men’s sizes we are collection are;
We do have an Amazon Wishlist which has different sets of pyjama’s ranging from children, teenagers and young adult sizes! if it’s easier for you to place an order on amazon, rather than going into a store and buying them yourself then please feel free to click the link below to head over to our wishlist;
This year, we decided rather than people having to go out their way to come to the team members house etc, that it would be a good idea to have drop off locations dotted around different area’s so people wouldn’t have to travel to far to not only buy the pyjama’s but to drop them off also. We have been so incredibly lucky, to have so many stores give us the go ahead and be so kindhearted. So here are the locations of drop off points listed below;
- Asda Marina, Brighton, BN2 5UT
- Morrison’s Hastings, 20 Waterworks Road, Hastings, TN34 2LL
- Morrison’s Seaford, Dane Road, Seaford, BN25 1EE
- Terrace Barbers, Patcham
- Little Land, 7 Meridian Centre, Meridian Way, Peacehaven, BN10 8BB
- Bowley Funeral Service, 30 Keymer Road, Hassocks, BN6 8AN
- Hurstpierpoint Alternations, 56 High Street, Hurstpierpoint, BN6 9RG
- Morrison’s, St James Street, 5-8 St James Street, Brighton, BN2 1RE
- Slimming World, Patcham (Thursdays & Fridays), The Fountain Centre, Braybon Ave, Brighton, BN1 8HG
- Tanzations Tanning Salon Patcham, 128 Cardon Avenue, BN1 8NE
- I-Bar, 2 Castle Mews, Castle Street, Brighton, BN1 2HD
- The Studio Barbers & Tattoos, 88 George Street, Brighton and Hove, Hove, BN3 3YE
- Asda Superstore Hollingbury, Unit 1, Crowhurst Road, Off Carden Avenue, Brighton, BN1 8AS
- Marks & Spencer Shoreham, Upper Shoreham Road, Holmbush Centre, Shoreham-By-Sea, BN43 6TD
- Marks & Spencer Brighton, 195 Western Road, Brighton, BN1 2BJ
- Spanish Lady, 4 Longridge Ave, Saltdean, Brighton, BN2 8LH
- Waterhouse Cafe, 12 Waterhouse Ln, Banstead, Tadworth, KT20 6EB
- Matalan, Carden Ave (Hollingbury), Brighton, BN1 8NA
- Anna’s Barbers Shop, 30a Boundary Road, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 4EF
Note: please if you do drop off at any of these locations, that you either leave your name with the pyjama’s or with one of the workers as we’d really love to be able to thank you for your kind donation!
The Terri’s Pyjama Appeal Team includes, Terri Plummer herself, Me (Elle Deveson), Chloe Green, Louise Backler, Sophie Moule, Jade Cerys Wilson and Annie Eldred. if you have any enquires or have any worries, please feel free to message one of us.
Also, please check out the Terri’s Pyjama Appeal Team page on facebook and instagram which I have linked both below. if you could please possibly share so that more people could see and possibly get involved also, it would be much appreciated!
We are beyond grateful for your support, donations and love, we are so overwhelmed and touched by everyones generosity. So far we have collected over 350 pyjama’s and thats in such a short amount of time, imagine what we can do in two more months? we just need your help! We’d really like it if all pyjama’s could be donated by December 15th so Terri can distribute them between hospitals in time for Christmas. Being that I was one of those teenagers up on those wards at Christmas, I know that these gifts really will put smiles on everyones faces, as its the littlest things that make the biggest difference when facing a hard time. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
Sending tons of love & hugs to you all as always,