It’s sweet treat time!
If your looking for a recipe to sweep your partner off their feet OR if your single like me and want to over indulge this February 14th then these Strawberry Cupcakes are the perfect Valentines Day Recipe for you.
Love isn’t all about expensive presents, therefore why should it be on Valentine’s Day? Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for treating our partners, but to me, expensive presents doesn’t symbolise love. Love is all about spending quality time with one another, happiness, laughter and making memories… plus the way to a mans heart is always through their stomach haha (that being said, it goes for girls also cause who doesn’t love food?). That being said, I know plenty of people who would be thrilled with a present baked by their loved ones.
Ingredients For Cupcakes:
- 8oz / 226g Of Self Raising Flour
- 8oz / 226g Of Butter, Softened
- 4 Large Eggs
- 8oz / 226g of Caster Sugar
- Pack Of Fresh Strawberry’s
- Lemon Zest
How To Make Strawberry Cupcakes:
- Firstly, gather together all your equipment, ingredients and grease your cupcake tin with butter or oil, OR line your tin with cupcake cases.
- Secondly, preheat your oven to 180 Degrees / Gas Mark 4 / 170 Fan.
- Next, de-stalk 8 strawberries (or however many you desire) and cut them into tiny pieces and set aside.
- Now, in a large bowl, cream together the 8oz of caster sugar and 8oz softened butter until it becomes light and fluffy in texture.
- Then, whisk together 4 large eggs. Once they’ve been whisked together, add them into the large bowl and mix together.
- Once you’ve done that, slowly fold in the 8oz of self raising flour until the mixture is combined together completely.
- Add in the finely cut strawberries and the zest of the lemon then stir together until it’s all mixed in.
- Spoon the mixture into the individual cupcake cases and pop in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown. To check if their cooked completely, just press gently in the centre and they should spring back.
- Once baked, leave the cakes to completely cool down before decorating or eating.
Ingredients For Butter-Icing:
- 6oz / 170g Of Icing Sugar
- 3oz / 85g Of Butter, Softened
- 2 Teaspoons Of Strawberry Exact
- 2 Drops Of Pink Food Colouring
How To Make Strawberry Butter-Icing:
- Firstly, beat the 3oz of softened butter in a large bowl until soft, then add half of the 6oz of icing sugar and continue to beat until smooth.
- Then, add the remaining 3oz of icing sugar and beat until the mixture is creamy and smooth. You may like you add in a dash of milk if necessary to loosen the mixture.
- Stir in the strawberry extract to give it that juicy strawberry flavour and two drops of pink food colour to co-side with the strawberry theme.
- Using a star shape nozzle and a piping bag, pipe your butter-cream onto the cupcakes from the centre, spiralling outwards. To give it that beautiful swirl affect.
- Once you’ve finished piping, that’s your Valentines Day, Strawberry Cupcakes ready to serve!
That’s your Valentines Day cupcakes cooked, cooled and ready to serve to whoever you may desire. These went down a treat (no pun intended) with everyone who tried them, the strawberry taste is so vibrant so just be very careful when adding the extract to your cakes!
Will you be cooking these leading up to February 14th? I’ve got to say, these cupcakes will look extra cute displayed in a heart shaped box or displayed on a white try like I have as the beautiful strawberry pink icing just shines. if you do get baking these yourself, make sure you tag me in your photos and let me know below as I do love having a nosy at your bakes.
Sending tons of love and hugs as always,
These sound delicious and look gorgeous!
the strawberry buttercream is unbelievably delicious I must say! thank you so much lovely, I really appreciate it xxxx