Hello my loves, hope your well.
I’d certainly say I’m the girl whose known for wearing all shades of lipsticks. Wether it’s the palest nude to the darkest browns, I love a good lipstick which stands out in the crowd.
So when winter comes around my excitment begins to grow rapidly as people become more daring and confident with wearing darker colours. Brands start bringing out the most beautiful berry tones and it’s honestly a feeling you just can’t beat as a makeup lover.
So today I thought I’d tell you my winter must have lipsticks in hope that it inspires you to be brave and wear them yourself;
- Firstly has to be one of my all time favourites that my best friend kindly brought me – Mac’s “Violeta”. This is a very bright purple which is such a beautiful colour on the lip. I’d say this is an all seasons lipstick but I do prefer to wear during the winter time. This is a lipstick for all skin colours, it stands out in the crowd and is such a wearable lipstick. When looking at the brightness of this lipstick, it can seem quite scary but it’s one you certainly wouldn’t regret buying and looks so good with a nice winter outfit. I’m obsessed!
- Next has to be Kylie Cosmetics – Mary Jo K! This is the brightest red I’ve come across so far. I’m absolutely head over heels in love with this colour. It’s extremely wearable and is perfect for the Christmas period and Christmas itself. It’s long wearing, doesn’t dry your lips out and can be matched with any kind of look to make it complete. I’d highly recommend this colour if your looking for the perfect red.
- This one is a brand new Lime Crime lipstick that I got for my birthday called “Penny” it’s this beautiful metallic copper orange which is perfect this time of year. It’s certainly one which won’t be everyone’s taste in colour or formula but I love any kind of metallic look as I feel it works best with my complexion. This is ultra pigmented and shimmers beautifully when the light hits it. I love it!
- Sleek offer some of the most gorgeous winter colours, personally I think their formula for lipsticks by a drugstore are one of the best. So when I saw their new fall collection and saw the most beautiful purple metallic lipstick, I knew I had to buy it. This beauty is called “Superstar”. It’s a deep berry purple which has a metallic shimmer running through it. This is highly pigmented and when searching the product it blew me away. It’s certainly long wearing and so cheap!
- Now going back to MAC again, “Anyique Velvet” is one of my all time favourite true dark browns! Browns are certainly the statement look these days especially around winter time so I’d highly recommend buying this brown. It’s creamy yet matte, it’s a beautifully pigmented brown, stands out and personally I’ve never found another like it. I love wearing this as it’s so comfy on the lips for a lipstick which is as highly pigmented as this one!
- Finally, another two Metallic lipsticks which I think are winter perfect are again from Kylie Cosmetics which are “Reign” and “KyMajesty”. Reign is the most perfect, pigmented metallic deep berry red with reflects of silver and gold. KyMajesty is the darkest most pigmented black lipstick I’ve ever come across, it’s got reflects of blue and silver throughout which is what makes it so unique and perfect for winter. They are so creamy on the lips, these are a little heavier than the lipsticks I’ve mentioned above but I wouldn’t say their uncomfortable at all. They dry matte and I think Kylie done the best job on the range of metallics.
Since being in a wheelchair people stare at me 24/7 like they’ve never seen a disabled person before, yes it sounds sad but honestly you begin to get use to it after a while and if I’m honest, it’s made me much more confident in who I am today. I’ve embraced the fact I’m in a wheelchair as hard as it’s been and I decided to take steps outside my comfort zone and prove to people we are just as normal as them. I feel like this about makeup too. Before I fell ill I’d never step outside my comfort zone with makeup, I was too scared of others opinions and I’d certainly never wear half the lipsticks I do today as I couldn’t bare the thought of people looking at me strangely as the colours are bright but now I’ve just got the attitude of “who cares?”. If I like what I’m wearing then why should I care what others think. At the end of the day, it’s only lipstick.
I just think if you want to wear it, wear it. It’s winter after all.
I really hope you got some inspiration from today’s post and liked it. Never ever let anyone bring down your confidence in whatever you wear, your beautiful either way!
Sending you all tons of love as always,
For any business enquiries, please email me at: email@example.com