For today’s post I thought I’d share with you a shortbread recipe that I’ve made recently which was so quick & easy. My passion for baking grows more every time I do it and I’m starting to get alot more adventurous with what I make iswell so I’m looking forward to knowing what you think of this weeks bake as its my first time doing this certain recipe!
Firstly, I just wanted to start this post off with a massive thank you to my lovely nan and grandad for buying me a electric mixer last weekend. Its something I’ve wanted for so long now and I can’t tell you how much I appreciate the mixer and you both.
For anyone wondering, it’s a 300W Mint Green Stand Mixer which my grandparents brought from Dunelm in Shoreham. It comes with a book of clear instructions and 3 pairs of attachments (beaters, dough hooks and whisks)
Power | 300 Watts, Class ll
Voltage | AC 230V
Frequency | 50Hz
It’s honestly incredible!
Anyway, let’s get on with the recipe!
Servings: 10-12 slices
Cook Time: 40-45 minutes
You will need:
- 9oz of unsalted butter
- 6oz of golden sugar
- 8oz of plain flour
- 4 1/2oz of semolina
- A tin of ready made toffee sauce
- 1 bar of white chocolate
- 1 bar of milk chocolate (or dark chocolate whatever you fancy)
- Firstly, preheat the oven to gas mark 2 (150 degrees), line and grease the tin and gather all your ingredients & equipment.
- Secondly, put 9oz of unsalted butter and 6oz of golden sugar into a bowl, mix them together until a pale and creamy.
- Once you’ve creamed together the golden sugar and butter, add the 8oz of plain flour and 4 1/2oz of semolina into the same bowl and mix together until combined.
- Now your shortbread mixture is done, press the mixture into a tin and level it out with a knife to make it as evenly spread as possible and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- As soon as the shortbread is lightly golden (fully cooked), take out the oven and allow to cool for at least half hour.
- Once the shortbread has fully cooled down, it’s time to add the toffee sauce, spoon the toffee source on top of the shortbread base and spread evenly across the surface.
- Finally it’s time to add the chocolate, firstly break the two chocolate bars up into small pieces (in separate bowls) and microwave until completely melted. Once melted separately spoon each bowl of chocolate ontop of the toffee sauce and with a spoon make a marbled effect by swirling the two chocolates together with the end of a teaspoon.
- Now you’ve got your finished shortbread, put into the fridge for at least 2 hours to set the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate has set fully – remove the shortbread from the tin, place onto a chopping board and cut into twelve pieces with a large knife.
And that’s your finished chocolate and toffee shortbread.
Since not being able to eat, cooking has become something I love (strange, I know) but I usually have to go by what everyone else loves and would like to try. No one in my family really likes toffee but I was desperate to give these chocolate and toffee shortbreads a go and see how they turn out. needless to say they have been tried, tested and completely demolished by my family so I’d say it’s turned out a winner.
On days your in a rush and don’t have a chance to make a lunch I’d say it’s a perfect snack to take into work or lay out on the table whilst enjoying a cup of tea with friends as its sweet (but not a sickly sweet), it’s very filling in small quantities and just goes down perfectly with a brew.
I was so pleased with how these turned out, they certainly shocked a few people with how delicious they were. so easy to bake iswell which is always a bonus. I’d love to know if you’ve ever made these before and your opinions on them. would like to give them a go? if you do give them a go, make sure to let me know in the comments below or on any of my social media pages how you got on!
I really hope you enjoyed this baking post and it’s given you some more inspiration to get baking, I cannot wait to do some more for you all!
I hope your all well.
Tons of love as always,
Elle you really should think about doing a baking book, I loved the Victoria sandwich and now excited to make this, my partner is in hospital and anything to put some weight on him is fantastic.. Your inspirational and I would definitely purchase your recipe book .. Thank you xxx
it’s a massive dream of mine to do a cookbook, I’d love it! I’m so pleased you’ve been loving the bakes I’ve put up. I really appreciate your lovely words, thank you so much! I’m so sorry to hear your partners in hospital, sending you both lots of love xxxx
Oh wow it looks so delicious! <3
thank you so much lovely! It seems to have gone down amazingly haha. Lots of love xxxx