Who would have thought that almonds and lemon curd would be a combination which works so beautifully together?
So beautifully that I actually think it’s become one of my all time favourite combinations. I know your probably rolling your eyes at this point as I genuinely do say that about every new combo I come across but I’m just being honest here, I’m obsessed.
The pairing of ingredients in this cake is just pure perfection. It’s really fresh, it’s light, it’s moist and has a tangy zest to it which in my humble opinion makes it the perfect summer 2022 cake!
Have I sold it to you yet? I feel like I’m a car salesman trying to sell my cake to you but honestly guys, this is superior. It’s a ‘must try’ this summer. Think bbq’s, picnics, special occasions – it just works with them all.
You always know when a cakes good in this household as I get asked to make it again… and again… and that’s exactly what’s happened with this.
Category: Sweet Treat / Desert
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Overall Time: 50-60 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 227g Of Butter / Stork
- 227g Of Caster Sugar
- 4 Medium Eggs
- 227g Of Self Raising Flour
- 50g Of Ground Almonds
- 1tsp Of Baking Powder
- 2tsp Of Almond Extract
- 1 Jar Of Lemon Curd
- 50g Of Almond Flakes
How To Make The Cake:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a 9inch square tin with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas Mark 5.
- Secondly, in a large bow, mix together the 227g of self-raising flour, 50g of ground almonds and 1tsp of baking powder. Set aside.
- Next, in another large bowl, cream together 227g of butter and 227g of caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the 4 eggs (TIP: beat in a cup before adding little by little to the butter mixture).
- Now, add in your 2tsp of almond extract and mix.
- Once all the wet ingredients have been mixed together, fold in the dry ingredients.
- Pour your finished cake batter into the pre-lined tin and spread out evenly.
- Using a tablespoon, dollop the lemon curd across of the cake mixture (there’s no precise amount, use as much lemon curd as you wish).
- Sprinkle the 50g of almond flakes across the top of the cake.
- Place the cake into the oven for around 40 minutes until he top is looking golden brown and a skewer placed into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Finally, take out the oven and allow to cool in tin for 25-30 minutes then transfer onto a wire rack to cool down completely.
That’s your Almond & Lemon Curd Cake prepared, baked and ready for you to enjoy!
If your a lemon curd fan, these are an absolute must try! It just adds the most beautiful flavouring to this already delicious cake. It’s the perfect match with almond.
I’ll for sure be making these again. My dad especially loved them! He’s a huge lemon curd fan and couldn’t rave enough about how good it was within these cakes.
Let me know in the comments below if you make this cake yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on it. Are you as obsessed as I am?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,