Diabetic Friendly, Peach & Raspberry Crumble Recipe!

Hello lovelies,

Wow. Just wow. It’s been a hot minute since I uploaded a diabetic friendly recipe and I can only apologies for that. If I’m being completely transparent with you, I just haven’t found any diabetic recipes which really inspire me to get creative… until recently that is.

I found a whole load of diabetic friendly recipes on Pinterest a couple of weeks ago and it’s really ignited a fire within me to get back creating diabetic recipes for you all. So expect some more yummy diabetic friendly recipes as the months go on.

If you didn’t know or your new to my blog, I was diagnosed with diabetes back in 2020, so it’s really important to me that I do share recipes here on my blog which are diabetic friendly as I know a lot of you have or know someone with diabetes also.

Now crumbles… they’ve always reminded me of autumn and a really nice homely, soul-warming kinda desert BUT I came across a recipe recently which used summer fruits and I instantly had to try them out for myself.

I do love me a crumble so making them during the warmer months is a bonus!

Today I’m using peaches and raspberries to create the base of this crumble and let’s just say, I’m obsessed! I quite possibly think this could be my favourite crumble I’ve ever made (and I’ve made a fair few here on my blog).

It’s summery yet still soul-warming – the perfect combo, if I do say so myself.

So if your a diabetic or your looking for a desert for someone who is, then the recipe for todays delicious summery crumble is below:

Category: Sweet Treat

Serves: 4

Prep Time: 10 Minutes

Cook Time: 25 Minutes

Overall Time: 35-40 Minutes

Ingredients You Need:

• 1 Can Of Peach Slices In Syrup, Drained
  • 1 Bag Of Frozen Unsweetened Raspberries, Defrosted
  • 80g Of Cooking Oats, Uncooked
  • 2tbsp Of Light Brown Sugar
  • 1tsp Of Ground Cinnamon
  • 3tbsp Of Reduced Sugar Butter, Melted
  • 2tbsp Of Honey

How To Make Crumbles:

• Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients and preheat the oven to 190C / 170C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
  • Secondly, arrange the peach slices and defrosted raspberries on the bottom of your dish/dishes.
  • Now, in a large bowl, combine 80g of uncooked oats, 2tbsp of brown sugar, 1tsp of ground cinnamon and then, using a fork, mix together the ingredients and break down any sugar clumps.
  • Next, add in the 3tbsp of melted butter and 2tbsp of honey and mix to combine.
  • Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the fruit.
  • Place into the oven, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes until the fruit is bubbling.
  • Finally, take out the oven and serve!

Who doesn’t love the sound of a summery crumble? It’s one of those deserts that literally brings such a homely, warm feeling to my soul. I love it!

I really hope my fellow diabetics enjoy todays recipe, I promise to try and make some more asap!

Let me know in the comments below if you end up making this crumble yourself and if you do, what your thoughts were on it. Are you a summery crumble kinda person?

Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,

Elle xo

Share:

18 Comments

1. June 22, 2022 / 7:07 pm

Oh this sounds absolutely delicious! My parents are visiting from Italy next week and really want to let them try something popular here and crumble is the perfect idea!

2. June 22, 2022 / 8:30 pm

This sounds delicious Elle! I’m always looking for new diabetes-friendly recipes. We’re lucky enough to grow peaches in my province and so I’d switch out the canned peaches for fresh to decrease the sugar content even more. Thanks for sharing!

3. June 23, 2022 / 9:36 am

This looks super tasty, thank you so much for sharing your recipe here. Peach and raspberry are two of my favourite fruits, especially in the Summer months x

4. June 23, 2022 / 9:42 am

This is great that you have some diabetic friendly recipes on your blog. My ex boyfriend had type 1 diabetes, so I’m very familiar with the struggles he went through. I think it’d be so caring to make this for someone who you know has to watch their sugar levels. It sounds lovely!

5. June 23, 2022 / 1:17 pm

This recipe is perfect for everyone. I can see me add it to yogurt or have with a few scoops of ice-cream. Love the yellow background 💛. You should use it more often.

6. June 23, 2022 / 1:38 pm

I love peaches and I love crumble (plus I’m diabetic) so this is perfect; thanks for sharing this deliciousness!

7. June 23, 2022 / 4:21 pm

I have never tried this type of crumble before, but my gosh does that look delicious! I would definitely like to try that some time. Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe!

Lauren x

8. June 23, 2022 / 7:08 pm

Ooh this crumble looks amazing! My nan’s boyfriend has diabetes and I know he can struggle with finding delicious new recipes so I’ll be sure to send this their way. Thank you so much for sharing x

9. June 24, 2022 / 9:36 am

This recipe sounds and looks good. We will check it out. Thank you for sharing, and check out our most recent posts.

10. June 24, 2022 / 10:03 am

I’ve never really heard of crumbles before, it sounds really good though and seems easy to veganize. Thanks for sharing 🙂

11. June 24, 2022 / 10:15 am

I love crumbles, but I use a natural sweetener and switch to almond flour/nuts to make my crumble topping as I avoid carbs. Love the idea of peach and raspberry together

12. June 24, 2022 / 11:19 am

I love crumbles, but I’ve never heard or tried this recipe before. I think this will be a great recipe for my dad because he needs to watch his sugar levels. It sounds wonderful!

13. June 24, 2022 / 12:33 pm

Peach and raspberry is such a delicious combo. I believe this sweet treat is also good for those who are on a diet and trying to get fit. I would like to try this recipe. Thank you for sharing.

14. June 24, 2022 / 4:23 pm

Love this recipe. I know a few people who are diabetic. I cant wait to make it for them. Thank you for sharing.

15. Heidi Bruaw
    June 24, 2022 / 11:47 pm

Yum! You had me at raspberries. They are my absolute favorite fruit. This sounds so delicious and perfect for summer!

16. June 25, 2022 / 10:35 am

I’m surprised to hear that this recipe is diabetic friendly, I would have thought all that fruit and honey would contain a lot of sugar. Is it because the fruits sugar comes with a lot of fibre? Still, interesting recipe, I’d like to know what it tastes like