Well guys, that’s the first big event of the year over and done with, now we look forward to the next big event… Pancake Day!
Pancake day is one of my favourite days of the year and something I always look forward too. I very rarely eat pancakes throughout the year so I always look forward to demolishing a big old stack on shrove Tuesday.
I don’t know about you but i always saw pancakes as being this real unhealthy treat you’d get once a year but as the years have gone on, that thought has completely changed for me now. Pancakes recipes have evolved massively since I was a kid and now, you can make a large stack of pancakes and they be significantly lower in calories – amazing, right?
So that’s exactly what I’m bringing to you guys today. A healthy, fluffy, American style pancake which is chocolate flavoured. I know I know, chocolate, pancakes and healthy all in the same sentence… is that some kind of joke? Well I can assure you, it isn’t. We don’t joke around here when it comes to food, It’s something I take very seriously haha.
Before I ramble on anymore, let’s get baking:
Category: Sweet Treat / Breakfast / Desert
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 2-4 Minutes
Overall Time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients You Need:
- 155g Of Wholemeal Flour
- 35g Of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 100g Of Brown Sugar
- 3tsp Of Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 295g Of Almond Milk
- 2tsp Of Vanilla Extract
How To Make Pancakes:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients.
- secondly, in a large bowl add your 155g of wholemeal flour, 35g of cocoa powder, 100g of brown sugar and 3tsp of baking powder and mix together.
- Next, in another bowl whisk together your 2 eggs, 295g of almond milk and 2tsp of vanilla extract.
- Now, make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients, then pour your egg/milk mixture into the centre of the well.
- Using a fork, start to slowly stir in the middle of the well.
- Then, gradually draw in the flour from the sides of the bowl while stirring.
- Using low calorie cooking spray, spray your pancake pan and allow to heat 2-3 minutes until the oil is very hot.
- Once the oil has heated, using a jug or a ladle (whatever you have to hand), pour some pancake mixture into the pan and leave to cook for 1-2 minutes, until bubbles begin to appear on the surface of the pancake.
- When the bubbles begin to appear, flip the pancake over and cook for another 1-2 minutes (or until you feel the pancake has cooked).
- Repeat these steps until all the batter has been used up.
That’s your Chocolate Pancakes prepared, baked, flipped and ready for you to enjoy!
Healthy. Chocolatey. Fluffy. Delicious. Quick & Easy to prepare. What more could you possibly ask for?
My poor family have had pancake day (or days should I say) early this year as I had to be 100% certain these where perfect before sharing with you guys and let’s just say, they’ve become a firm favourite in my household and I think they will with you guys too!
Let me know in the comments below if you make these pancakes yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on them. Did you notice a difference between these and ‘normal’ pancakes?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,