Now if you’ve been around here a while, you may notice today’s recipe.
I have already added a vegan spiced muffins recipe here on my blog which you guys absolutely loved SO I’m here re-sharing the recipe but this time, with a festive twist.
I learnt today’s recipe at a baking lesson I done back in June and I’m just obsessed with it. Considering one of the main ingredients in this recipe is courgette (a veg that I absolutely hate), these muffins are the best I’ve tried.
Moist, flavourful and pack a real punch – that’s what you want from a muffin… am I right ladies and gents?
I’m loving the little twist on these muffins that I’m sharing with you today. One bite and you really get the festive feel running through your veins!
So, if your wanting to get festive, the recipe to these bad boys is below:
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 Minutes
Decorating Time: 20 Minutes
Overall Time: 1 Hour
Ingredients You Need:
- 175g Of Self-Raising Flour
- 65g Of Ground Almonds
- 80g Of Caster Sugar
- 65g Of Light Brown Sugar
- 60g Of Vegetable Oil
- 120g Of Apple Sauce
- 1 Cup Of Courgette, Grated & Squeezed
- 0.75tsp Of Bicarbonate Of Soda
- 0.75tsp Of Baking Powder
- 2tsp Of Ground Ginger
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 0.75tsp Of White Wine Vinegar
- 80g Of Water (Use The Courgette Juice & Make Up The Rest)
Ingredients To Decorate Muffins:
- 50g Of Vegan Butter
- 100g Of Icing Sugar
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- Little Gingerbread Men (the recipe for my gingerbread men: https://ellegracedeveson.com/2021/11/07/sticky-gingerbread-cake-recipe-christmas-2021/), Optional
How To Make Gingerbread Muffins:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, place your muffin cases into a muffin tin and preheat the oven to 190C / 170C Fan / Gas Mark 5.
- Secondly, in a medium sized bowl combine the 60g of oil, 120g of apple sauce, 1 cup of grated courgette, 1tsp of vanilla extract, 0.75tsp of white wine vinegar and 80g of water and mix using a whisk.
- Now, in a large bowl, combine the 175g of self-raising flour, 65g of ground almonds, 80g of caster sugar, 65g of light brown sugar, 0.75tsp of bicarbonate of soda, 0.75tsp of baking powder and 2tsp of ground ginger and mix using a whisk.
- Next, tip the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine using a metal spoon (TIP: try not to over mix as the muffins will become dense).
- Once combined, divide the mixture between each of the muffin cases.
- Place the muffins into the oven for around 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer that’s inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
How To Decorate The Muffins:
- Once the muffins are completely cooled, it’s time to decorate!
- In a medium sized bowl, beat the 50g of unsalted butter until it’s lighter in colour and fluffy.
- Next, mix the 100g of icing sugar with the butter until a buttercream has formed.
- Then, mix in the 1tsp of vanilla extract.
- Place the buttercream into a piping bag.
- Snip off the end of the piping bag with a pair of scissors and pipe the buttercream onto the centre of the muffin (TIP: I didn’t pipe it all over the muffin, just in the centre).
- Finally, place a gingerbread man ontop of the buttercream.
That’s your Vegan Gingerbread Muffins prepared, baked, decorated and ready for you to demolish!
How cute are these muffins though? The little gingerbread man in the middle finishes these muffins off perfectly. I’m absolutely obsessed with this muffin recipe and I think you guys will be too.
Let me know in the comments below if you make these yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on them. Have I converted you to vegan muffins?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,
I always thought of vegan cookies and sweets not being that tasty or sweet. These seem to be quite the opposite. I think I will give them a try. They look so good that they definitely deserve it 😊
Thank you for this recipe!
Honestly, these are the most delicious muffins, I’m obsessed with them! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I love that these are vegan — I’m always on the look out for tasty vegan treats to try out!
I’m defiantly going to be sharing more vegan recipes next year! These vegan muffins are the best I’ve ever tried. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Awh these look super cute and I bet you couldn’t even tell they were vegan either! x
The little gingerbread men really top these muffins off, so cute! You honestly couldn’t tell the difference, they are just delicious! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These not only look delicious Elle, but so festive too! The colour really pops and I love that they are vegan. Thanks for sharing!
They are so festive, I’m obsessed! These are beyond delicious. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These looks so cute and I’m sure would taste yummy. Love the recipe and style!
They really are delicious! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I just made gingerbread cookies earlier this week! Next time I make them I’m definitely going to pair it with a gingerbread muffin as that sounds heavenly and your muffins with the gingerbread decor look so festive!
Gingerbread cookies are the best, aren’t they? These muffins are honestly delicious, they are the definition of festive! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
I had no clue these were vegan but it makes me love them even more! The ultimate Christmas flavours!
I’ll defo be sharing some more amazing vegan recipes next year. These are honestly the most delicious vegan muffins I’ve ever tried! The ultimate festive bake. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Oh wow!!!!!! These ginger bread muffins look delicious. And this is something new to me. Thank you for sharing.
These are honestly the most delicious vegan muffins! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These look super cute! I have never heard of courgette in a sweet muffin before but these sound delicious nevertheless x
The little gingerbread men on top are so cute, aren’t they? You honestly wouldn’t even know courgette is in them, they are just delicious! Thank you so much for commenting Xo
Can’t believe that these gingerbread are vegan. They look awesome. Love the presentation and pics are looking sharp and bright.
Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! Ooo these are honestly the best vegan muffins I’ve ever tried, they are just delicious. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These look yum! And so cute! Perfect for the festive season too 😊 Would never think to put courgette in a muffin!
They really are perfect for the festive season, they are just delicious! Honestly, you wouldn’t even notice the courgette in it, it’s amazing. Thank you so much for commenting Xo
These look so delicious. Its great that they are vegan too.
These are honestly the best vegan muffins I’ve ever tried, they are delicious! Thank you so much for commenting Xo