Now if you’ve been around here a while, you may notice today’s recipe.
I have already added a vegan spiced muffins recipe here on my blog which you guys absolutely loved SO I’m here re-sharing the recipe but this time, with a festive twist.
I learnt today’s recipe at a baking lesson I done back in June and I’m just obsessed with it. Considering one of the main ingredients in this recipe is courgette (a veg that I absolutely hate), these muffins are the best I’ve tried.
Moist, flavourful and pack a real punch – that’s what you want from a muffin… am I right ladies and gents?
I’m loving the little twist on these muffins that I’m sharing with you today. One bite and you really get the festive feel running through your veins!
So, if your wanting to get festive, the recipe to these bad boys is below:
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 Minutes
Decorating Time: 20 Minutes
Overall Time: 1 Hour
Ingredients You Need:
- 175g Of Self-Raising Flour
- 65g Of Ground Almonds
- 80g Of Caster Sugar
- 65g Of Light Brown Sugar
- 60g Of Vegetable Oil
- 120g Of Apple Sauce
- 1 Cup Of Courgette, Grated & Squeezed
- 0.75tsp Of Bicarbonate Of Soda
- 0.75tsp Of Baking Powder
- 2tsp Of Ground Ginger
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 0.75tsp Of White Wine Vinegar
- 80g Of Water (Use The Courgette Juice & Make Up The Rest)
Ingredients To Decorate Muffins:
- 50g Of Vegan Butter
- 100g Of Icing Sugar
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- Little Gingerbread Men (the recipe for my gingerbread men: https://ellegracedeveson.com/2021/11/07/sticky-gingerbread-cake-recipe-christmas-2021/), Optional
How To Make Gingerbread Muffins:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, place your muffin cases into a muffin tin and preheat the oven to 190C / 170C Fan / Gas Mark 5.
- Secondly, in a medium sized bowl combine the 60g of oil, 120g of apple sauce, 1 cup of grated courgette, 1tsp of vanilla extract, 0.75tsp of white wine vinegar and 80g of water and mix using a whisk.
- Now, in a large bowl, combine the 175g of self-raising flour, 65g of ground almonds, 80g of caster sugar, 65g of light brown sugar, 0.75tsp of bicarbonate of soda, 0.75tsp of baking powder and 2tsp of ground ginger and mix using a whisk.
- Next, tip the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine using a metal spoon (TIP: try not to over mix as the muffins will become dense).
- Once combined, divide the mixture between each of the muffin cases.
- Place the muffins into the oven for around 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer that’s inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
How To Decorate The Muffins:
- Once the muffins are completely cooled, it’s time to decorate!
- In a medium sized bowl, beat the 50g of unsalted butter until it’s lighter in colour and fluffy.
- Next, mix the 100g of icing sugar with the butter until a buttercream has formed.
- Then, mix in the 1tsp of vanilla extract.
- Place the buttercream into a piping bag.
- Snip off the end of the piping bag with a pair of scissors and pipe the buttercream onto the centre of the muffin (TIP: I didn’t pipe it all over the muffin, just in the centre).
- Finally, place a gingerbread man ontop of the buttercream.
That’s your Vegan Gingerbread Muffins prepared, baked, decorated and ready for you to demolish!
How cute are these muffins though? The little gingerbread man in the middle finishes these muffins off perfectly. I’m absolutely obsessed with this muffin recipe and I think you guys will be too.
Let me know in the comments below if you make these yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on them. Have I converted you to vegan muffins?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,