You’ll probably of guessed that lemon and blueberries have become a favourite of mine to bake with this year.
I honestly hadn’t realised until recently how many of my bakes have included lemons or blueberries OR both! I think lemon and blueberry is a great combo and I want to share as many ways of using them both (wether that’s together or separately) as possible. I just hope you aren’t getting bored haha.
Anyway, today’s recipe is a little different to anything I’ve made before. I was scrolling through Pinterest when a picture of today’s recipe caught my eye. It looked delicious so when I clicked on the link and saw how easy the recipe was, I just had to give it a try myself (credit: https://bakerbettie.com/blueberry-lemon-sour-cream-bread/).
It’s a little different to anything I’ve baked here on my blog before because – one, it’s using sour cream which I don’t think I’ve ever used in a sweet bake before and two, it’s actually classed as a bread not a cake. I just thought it sounded and looked amazing so after trailing it out myself, I’m here sharing the recipe with you guys today!
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Decorating Time: 10 Minutes
Overall Time: 1 Hour 20 Minutes
Ingredients You Need For Bread:
- 210g Of Plain Flour
- 196g Of Granulated Sugar
- 242g Of Sour Cream
- 60ml Of Vegetable Oil
- 2 Large Eggs, Beaten
- Zest Of Two Lemons
- 30ml Of Lemon Juice
- 2tsp Of Baking Powder
- 1tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 300g Of Frozen Blueberries, Defrosted
- 1 Punnet Of Fresh Blueberries
How To Make Bread:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a loaf tin with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 180C / 160C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Secondly, in a large bowl, mix together the 210g of plain flour, 196g of granulated sugar and 2tsp of baking powder, then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the 242g of sour cream, 60ml of vegetable oil, 2 large eggs, 1tsp of vanilla extract, 30ml of lemon juice and zest of two lemons.
- Next, add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together until combined (TIP: try not to over whisk as it will become dense).
- Once mixed together, fold in the 300g of defrosted frozen blueberries.
- Place in the oven for around 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean from the middle of the cake.
- Finally, once baked, take out the oven and leave to cool in the tin for around 15 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to further cool.
That’s your Lemon & Blueberry Bread prepared, baked and ready to be demolished.
This cake is up there with one of the moistest cakes I’ve ever made. It melts away in your mouth beautifully. I’m Obsessed.
In the recipe I found, it did add a lemon glaze but to be perfectly honest with you, I didn’t find mine needed it. I thought it looked and tasted perfect on its own. That being said, if you’d like to add some extra sweetness by adding a glaze, go ahead and add!
I really think you guys will love this. So if you do end up making it yourself, let me know your thoughts. Have I turned you lemon and blueberry mad?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,