Cupcakes aren’t just for your birthday, cupcakes are that sweet treat you can bake at anytime throughout the year and you can guarantee you’ll get full satisfaction… don’t you agree?
I couldn’t not make some cupcakes for you guys this Easter. That being said, these aren’t just any old cupcake, these are the definition of indulgent. Want something which is going to give you fulfilment? satisfaction? these cupcakes will do just that! they will hit the good spots that for sure.
When I knew I wanted to make cupcakes this Easter, I also knew I wanted to incorporate creme eggs. I’ve done brownies with creme eggs in, in the past for Easter and they went down an absolute treat with my family so I knew I wanted to make some kind of cupcake with them in this year. I’d seen someone on Pinterest add their creme eggs to the centre of their cupcake and that video got my creative juices flowing.
So I’ve decided this year I’m going to make Easter Nest Cupcakes with a surprise centre of Creme Egg goodness! If you’d like to make these yourself, the recipe is below:
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20-30 Minutes
Decorating Time: 30 Minutes
Overall Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
Ingredients You Need For Cupcakes:
- 8oz / 266g Of Butter / Stork
- 8oz / 226g Of Caster Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs, Beaten
- 8oz / 226g Of Self-Raising Flour
- 2oz / 56g Of Cocoa Powder
- 12 Cadbury’s Creme Eggs
Ingredients You Need For Decorating:
- 100g Of Unsalted Butter
- 200g Of Icing Sugar
- 50g Of Cocoa Powder
- 4 Bars Of Flakes, Broken Into Little Pieces
- 1 X 80g Bag Of Mini Eggs
How To Make Cupcakes:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a cupcake tin with 12 cases and preheat your oven to 170C / 338F / Gas Mark 3.
- Secondly, in a large bowl cream together your 8oz of butter and 8oz of caster sugar until light in colour and fluffy in texture.
- Next, slowly add your 4 beaten eggs making sure you mix throughly in-between.
- Little by little fold in the 8oz of flour and 2oz of cocoa powder and mix throughly until cake batter is formed.
- Now that your cake batter is formed, using a icecream scoop, scoop the batter into the cupcake cases 2/3 of the way up.
- Place a cream egg vertically into each cupcake case, suspending the egg in the batter so that it’s not actually touching the cupcake tin.
- Place the cupcakes into the oven for around 15-20 minutes.
- Once baked, take out the oven and allow to cool down for 5 minutes into the tin before taking out and placing on a wire rack to cool down completely.
How To Decorate Cupcakes:
- Now that the cupcakes have cooled, it’s time to decorate.
- Using an electric whisk, beat the 100g of unsalted butter until pale in colour and fluffy.
- Next, add the 200g icing sugar alongside the 50g of cocoa powder (TIP: add a little at a time) and using the whisk, beat for around 3 minutes.
- Once the buttercream has been made, add the buttercream to a piping bag (with either a large, round piping tip OR snip the end of the piping bag off) and pipe a 2 rings of butter cream around the edge of the cupcake and a small dollop into the centre – this will create the nest shape.
- Now your cupcakes have been frosted, roll the buttercream into the broken pieces of flake making sure you fully coat the frosting.
- Finally, add three mini eggs into the centre of the nest.
That’s your Creme Egg Cupcakes prepared, baked and frosted, ready for you to enjoy!
Are you salivating whilst reading today’s blogpost? because you best believe I was whilst writing it!
These cupcakes are everything Easter’s about – the unhealthy goodness which always goes down a treat with the family.
Let me know if you end up making these cupcakes and if you do, did you enjoy them?
Sending you all tons of love and hugs as always,