As you’ll know if you read my blog, my skin has been through one hell of a journey over the last 7 to 8 years. Still to this day I’m beyond surprised at the outcome of my skin now, as in 2013, I didn’t know if my skin would survive the fight it was going through.
Although my skin still isn’t 100% (I don’t think it’ll ever be) I’m finally starting to realise what I can and can’t use on my skin!
I’ve currently got severely dry skin that is very sensitive to anything you put on it. It can go from clear TO blotchy, covered in under-the-skin spots and black heads, all due to products I’ve been trialing. Over this last year, I’ve began to realise the products I use need to be fragrance free OR organic.
If you read my last skincare post, you’ll have seen that I was using Garnier, a brand I came to love but it didn’t love me. After 6 months of using it, it turned against my skin and reacted terribly, causing physical and emotional pain. So, myself and my mum decided to go into Superdrug (after months of researching products) and brought nearly the entire range of Simple Skincare! Why? because it’s free of EVERYTHING!
This, leads me onto today’s post. I thought I’d share with you my ‘Updated Skincare Routine’ that has basically saved my skin and my emotions towards it.
Kind To Skin, Soothing Facial Toner:
this is a product that I hadn’t ever used before. I’d heard many influencers raving about certain toners and the difference it’s made to their skin so when I received this one for Christmas, I was overjoyed. I’ve been using it every night since and I’ve noticed a big difference in the texture/tone of my skin. I just apply a small amount onto a cotton pad after cleansing and gently rub into my skin – this helps to restore the balance of my skins natural pH level. This isn’t a toner that’s harsh or leaves you skin feeling sore, this toner is perfect for those of you who like me, have sensitive skin.
Kind To Skin, Hydrating Light Moisturiser:
- This has quickly become my ‘ride or die product’. Not only has this product actually restored some moisture back into my skin, but it’s incredibly light therefore I don’t feel suffocated by the weight of the moisturiser. I’m someone who prefers a lightweight, fast absorbing moisturiser and this product is certainly that. I use this in my morning skincare routine and I’ve noticed my skin isn’t drying out between applications, it’s remaining soft and moist. I’ve gone through two bottles of this already and I’ve got multiple backups also. If your in the market to buy only one moisturising product, then I’d say buy this one!
Kind To Eyes, Revitalising Eye Roll-On:
- Before now, I’d never really taken much time or consideration when it came to my undereye area. I’d just slap some of my moisturiser onto that area and be done with, but only now since buying an actual undereye product, do I realise just how dry my undereyes had become. This isn’t a actual undereye cream, this product I roll on in circular motions in the morning to make my tired eyes revitalised. It has a cooling sensation which helps to wake me up, and makes my designer bags, a lot less designer.
Kind To Skin, Eye Makeup Remover:
- When it comes to wiping my makeup off at the end of the day, I use my Micellar Water which takes my base products off quick and easily. Yet, I noticed it wasn’t removing my eye makeup fully and took longer than I’d liked, therefore I decided to invest in this eye makeup remover to see what difference it made. Well, put it this way, I remove my eye makeup in record time and it doesn’t sting my eyes! Also, another pro to this product is the fact it leaves my eyelids & bags feeling moisturised.
- Water Boost Skin Quench Sleeping Cream:
This is a product which I obviously apply just before going to sleep. When it came to applying skincare at night, it just failed for me. I’d either forget to apply it or I’d fall asleep before I could, therefore I decided to get myself into a regular routine of making sure I do so. This sleeping cream transforms my dull, tired skin into a smooth, silky canvas. My one bonus with this, is the fact it absorbs into my skin quickly, meaning I don’t rub half of it off by moving around on my pillows whilst asleep. It replenishes dehydration and is perfect for my dry, sensitive skin! its a dream!
- Soothing Eye Balm:
I wanted to find an undereye cream that was specifically for nighttime as that’s the time my eyes become dryish due to having a breathing mask and the fan on. That’s when I came across this bad boy! This product is made to treat the delicate skin around the eyes by reducing puffiness, reducing fine lines and helps to relax your eyes. Admittedly, this product is for both morning and nighttime but for me, it’s been the perfect product for the night. This product contains Vitamin E, Pro-Vitamin B5 and Shea Butter which reduces ageing and makes the undereyes hydrated!
CLEAN & CLEAR:
Deep Cleansing Lotion:
- This has quickly become one of my favourite products when it comes to cleansing. It’s one of those products that certainly leaves a stinging sensation whilst rubbing into the skin, but the end result is amazing. not only does it deep cleanse my skin but I’ve noticed its reducing my acne. I apply a small amount onto a cotton pad, and rub gently into my acne prone areas. By the morning the spots have either dramatically reduced in size or have gone all together! Despite its stinging sensation (it’s not painful don’t worry) this is a cleanser perfect for those of you who have sensitive, acne prone skin.
- Clean & Clear: https://www.cleanandclear.co.uk/products/deep-cleansing-lotion
- Moisture Surge, 72 Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator:
- Clinique Prep-Start Eye Cream:
- L’Oréal Paris, Smooth Sugar Clear Kiwi Face & Lip Scrub:
I’ve gone back and forth scrubs over the years but none have continued to stay into my weekly routine accept this one. I desperately needed a exfoliating product and this one is perfect. They’ve realised multiple smooth sugar masks but this one if defiantly my favourite. They use a blend of white sugar which helps to melt away any impurities you may have and dead skin cells. The blonde sugar replenishes hydration into the skin and brown sugar fortify the natural skin barrier. Alongside all this, when running gently into the skin this product helps to remove blackheads and any blemishes that you may have. Plus… the smell… okurrrrrr!
- Firstly, I start my morning skincare routine by doing a L’Oréal Paris, Smooth Sugar Clear mask, my current favourite is the Kiwi scented mask. It’s REALLY important to exfoliate your skin (especially if your dry like myself) 2-3 times a week. By exfoliating, I’m getting rid of any dead cells and will refine the top layer of my skin making pores appear smaller and giving my skin a healthy, radiant glow.
- After exfoliating my skin, on a cotton pad I apply the Simple Toner. This is perfect for anyone whose oily or suffers with acne. This smooths the skin out and helps clear reduce any acne scarring I may have. Also making the skin have a natural glow after only a few weeks of using.
- If I don’t use the toner, I’ll always make sure to apply a cleansing lotion. This helps to remove any dead cells, excess oil and impurities. Cleansing helps to remove any toxins the skin eliminates during the night and helps to refresh the skin – preparing for makeup application.
- Next, I apply my Simple moisturiser or the Clinique Moisture Surge. This is the main element in my skincare routine which helps my dry skin. When looking for a moisturiser for dry skin, look for one with a higher oil content. Using moisturiser can also help with any blemishes on the skin and makes the skin smooth, glowy and helps you “stay young”.
- Finally, I make sure to use a eye cream, specifically the Clinique Prep-Start eye cream. The skin around your eyes is much thinner than your skin elsewhere, therefore using a light cream that absorbs quickly into the skin helps the undereye bags from doing dry and reduces the chance of undereye creasing/fine lines.
Nighttime Skincare Routine:
When it comes to my nighttime skincare routine, I feel it’s pretty similar to my morning routine. Only, any products I don’t apply in the morning, I’ll then apply them in the evening instead.
- Firstly, I remove my makeup by using a cleanser and Micellar Water. Removing your makeup is a crustal step in any skincare routine as it can cause quite extensive damage to your skin during the night. By cleansing, your removing any pore-clogging impurities, which may result in spots appearing by the morning. I rub the cleanser gently into my skin helping to remove the majority of my makeup, then I apply a tiny amount of Micellar Water to a cotton pad and gently swipe that across my face to remove any left over makeup that the cleanser didn’t get too.
- If I didn’t apply toner in the morning, I apply it at night after cleansing instead.
- Next, I apply the Hydra Boost moisturiser by Simple which absorbs into the skin quickly, giving me smooth skin without any dry patches. Oh, and my skin feels AMAZING by the morning!
- Lastly, I apply the Soothing Eye Balm, This gives my undereyes the hydration they need for throughout the night meaning I can wake up in the morning with flawless undereye bags. It also reduces any puffiness that you may normally wake up with.
I really hope today’s blogpost helped you out in anyway. I’d highly recommend every product I’ve shared today, they are amazing for sensitive, dry skin. For those of you who are oily, I apologies as this may not be the best routine for you. Although, if you follow the same steps as myself but using products which work for you, you’ll noticed a difference for sure!
Are there any skincare products you’d recommend to me? I’m always open to suggestions and finding new products.
Sending tons of love and hugs as always,