HAPPY BLOGMAS DAY 11!
Oh and happy Christmas Eve Eve my festive friends. It blows my mind that we’re 2 days away from christmas… where has December gone?
Anyway, I can’t believe I’m actually writing my last baking blogpost of the year. I’ve had an amazing year creating new recipes, improving on my decorating skills and really putting my all in every bake I do. 2019 is going to be a blast, cooking wise anyway! I’ve already got a list of bakes ready to start in the new year.
Anyway, that was a complete sidetrack! Onto the actual reason your reading today.
Something I’ve never really done whilst learning to bake etc… is go that one step further with my cookies. I’ve always been so worried that I’d ruin them, that I’ve stayed in my comfort zone which is chocolate chip cookies (plus, who doesn’t love them?).
Therefore, for today’s post I’m stepping right outside my comfort zone and embracing the world of flavoursome cookies!
I’ve seen multi people online and off bake their version of these cookies but as always, I’m going to be putting my own little twists on them to give them the Elle Touch. So if you’d like to make my Chocolate Orange Cookies, then let’s get baking;
Ingredients You Need:
- 125g Of Unsalted Butter
- 100g Of Light Brown Sugar
- 100g Of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Medium Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Of Vanilla Extract (Optional)
- 25g Of Coco Powder
- 175g Of Self-Raising Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Of Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Of Bicarbonate Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Of Salt
- Zest Of One Large Orange (Or 1 Teaspoon Of Orange Extract)
- 250g Of Terry’s Chocolate Orange (Chopped)
- 16-20 Segments Terry’s Chocolate Orange
How To Make My Chocolate Orange Cookies:
- Firstly, gather together all your ingredients, equipment, line 2-3 baking trays with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 190C / 180C Fan / Gas Mark 5.
- Secondly, mix together the 125g of unsalted butter and both 100g of sugars into a large bowl, until it’s light, fluffy and fully combined. For this step, I personally used my electric whisk as it certainly makes it easier to combine the ingredients together.
- Next, add the teaspoon of vanilla extract and the beaten egg into the bowl and mix again.
- Add the 25g of coco powder, 175g of self-raising flour, 1/2 a Teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, salt and orange zest, then mix up until a thick paste / cookie dough is formed.
- Then chop the 250g Of Chocolate Orange pieces and add to the mixture and fold through.
- Spoon the mixture onto the trays and make sure they are spread out so when they expand, they don’t mould into one another. I would recommend doing 6 per tray (if your making them relatively small) or 4 per tray (if your making them larger).
- Once you’ve put the cookies onto your trays, bake them in the oven for 10 minutes – remove quickly and add the segments to each cookie, then bake for another 2 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and leave to cool before transferring them onto a wire rack to further cool. Then, there ready to enjoy!
That’s your chocolate orange cookies prepared, cooked and ready to enjoy with your loved ones.
I feel like Christmas Eve Eve is the perfect time to get baking your tasty treats, as Christmas is only two days away and it’s a time you can really begin to embrace the Christmas spirit. Wether you enjoy them Christmas Eve whilst snuggled up watching Christmas films or you eat them throughout Christmas day, these cookies will be enjoyed throughly by all your family!
Let me know in the comments below if you gave my cookies a try. It’s honestly so quick & easy that you can make them with your eyes closed.
Sending tons of love & hugs as always,