hello my lovelies,
Happy Christmas Eve Eve! I seriously cannot believe how quickly this month has flown by. Not long now ekkk.
If your looking for something which is tasty, easy to make, looks effective once finished and is amazing to make when your in a hurry then this is the perfect recipe for you. Today I’m giving you my way of making Brownie Christmas Tress!
Now you can make these brownies how you want, there’s recipes filling the internet with different ingredients you can add to make them extra special this Christmas but personally I like to keep my brownies simple as I find they go down best in my house therefore that’s what I’m doing today. Once these are finished they look absolutely amazing and will look even better once you’ve put them on your table as part as your food spread. This is perfect to do with the little ones to have some fun.
Ingredients To Make Brownies:
- 200g / 7 oz of butter, chopped.
- 200g / 7 oz of dark chocolate which is roughly chopped.
- 4 large eggs.
- 350g / 12 oz of caster sugar.
- 100g / 3.5 oz of plain flour.
- 50g / 1oz of cocoa powder.
How To Make Brownies:
- Firstly, gather together all your ingredients/equipment, preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas Mark 4 and line a 24 x 20cm brownie tin (or any size you have will be fine) with baking parchment.
- Secondly, put the 7oz of butter and 7oz of dark chocolate in a non stick sourcepan and very gently melt over a low heat, stirring every so often until nice and smooth. Try not to overheat it!
- Next, whisk the eggs and sugar together with an electric whisk until the mixture is pale, has doubled in volume and leaves a trail when the beaters are lifted.
- Then, gently stir into the cooled chocolate mixture and sift over the flour and cocoa powder and stir in.
- Once you’ve done all the above, pour the stirred brownie mixture into the lined tin and bake for around 35-40 minutes.
- After 35-40 minutes, the Brownies should have fully cooked therefore you can take them out the oven and leave to cool in tin for as long as possible to cool before placing on a wire rack to continue cooling.
- Finally, once the brownies are cooled, cut into triangles ready for the decorating.
And that’s your Brownies made, cooked and cooled!
Now if you don’t want to do all the above as your in a serious rush, you could buy a ready made brownie mixture from your local super market which has done all the above for you accept you need to add a couple of ingredients to finish it off. it’s honestly as easy as that!
Ingredients For Brownie Tree Decorations:
- 140g / 5 oz of butter, softened.
- 280g / 10 oz of icing sugar.
- Green food colouring.
- Vanilla essence.
- Any kind of sprinkles you would like to add.
How To Decorate The Brownie Trees:
- Firstly, add the 5 oz of softened butter into a bowl and beat until soft.
- Secondly, add half of the icing sugar into the bowl and beat until nice and smooth.
- Once you’ve beaten the mixture until it’s smooth, add the remaining icing sugar and beat until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Next, add a couple of drops of the green food colouring and mix in gently until the butter icing is all the same green colour. (The more you add, the more pigmented it gets).
- Now you’ve done all the above, add the butter icing into a icing bag and slowly zig zag the icing over the triangle shaped brownie to make it look like a tree.
- Finally, once you’ve iced all the tree shapes on the brownies, add whatever kind of sprinkles you like to make it look all festive and nicely decorated. I used tiny ball sprinkles to make the trees look like their covered in ball balls and little chocolate stars to top the tree off!
And that is your Brownie Christmas Trees made, so simple & easy, right? I had so much fun making these for my friends and I really hope you have fun too.
These have been a big hit this year all over the blogging/vlogging world and it’s so nice to see. It’s trending worldwide but what’s nice is we all have our own way of making and decorating them.
Let me know if you give these a go, I’d love to see your pictures! I really hope you enjoyed today’s blogmas blogpost and your all as well as can be.
Sending tons of love to you all as always,
For any business enquiries, please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org