Hello my lovelies,
It wouldn’t be a Halloween without cupcakes, would it? There’s no two ways about it, everyone whose having a party or celebrates Halloween in whatever way bakes cupcakes. They are the most loved party treat by kids, teenagers and adults, they’re possibly the most eaten thing worldwide and they are just so easy to make.
So guess what I’m doing a blogpost on today? You got it – my very own cupcake recipe but Halloween style, oooooo.
Baking cupcakes is one of my favourite things to do, they take little to no time and according to my family – taste amazing! The fact you can make them however you want, whatever shape you want, whatever ingredients you want, decorate them how you want and literally put your own touch on them is just amazing I think.
Anyway, I’ll stop rambling on about how much I love baking cupcakes and tell you how I made them;
Ingredients for cupcakes;
- 225g / 8oz of butter
- 225g / 8oz of self raising flour
- 225g / 8oz of caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tea spoon of vanilla essence
- Green food colouring
Instructions for baking cup cakes;
1. Firstly, preheat the oven to 180c / Gas Mark 4 and gather all your ingredients and equipment to get started.
2. Secondly, place the cup cake cases into the cup cake baking tray so their ready for the mixture to be poured in.
3. Thirdly, put the 8oz of butter and 8oz of caster sugar into a mixing bowl and cream together until light and fluffy.
4. Next crack the four eggs into a cup and beat together until runny.
5. Then slowly pour the beaten eggs from the cup into the mixing bowl containing the butter and sugar, slowly stir together until the eggs are completely mixed in.
6. Now slowly fold in the 8oz of flour using a large wooden spoon.
7. Add a tea spoon of vanilla extract and two-three drops of green food colouring into the mixing bowl and stir in.
8. Once you’ve fully mixed in all the ingredients pour the mixture into the cupcake cases which are lined in the baking tray and place in the oven for around 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on top and a skewer inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean.
Now onto decorations!
Now let’s do the butter cream.
- 5oz of softened butter
- 10oz of icing sugar
- Food colouring of your choice!
Instructions for making buttercream;
1. Firstly, beat the butter in a large bowl until soft.
2. Next, add half the icing sugar and beat together until smooth.
3. Then add the remaining icing sugar and mix together until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
4. Add the food colouring of your choice, I’m personally going for orange, green and black and mix together until well combined.
5. Now, spoon the icing into a piping bag and with a nozzle of your choice pipe the icing using a spiralling motion onto the cupcakes with a large swirl.
Now this is a step you can completely ignore if you like but I know some people like to go the extra mile with some of the decorations on the cakes seen as it’s Halloween. So if your willing to go the extra mile (which I fully intended to do but went pear shaped haha) then here’s a couple of extra things I would have done;
6. Once you’ve piped the buttercream onto the cakes and your happy, with an icing pen of your colour choice add some details onto cakes, for example-
- on the orange buttercream, which I class as a pumpkin, I’m going to add some pumpkin features such as eyes and mouth with a black icing pen.
- On the purple buttercream you could make it into a monster by adding scary features with white and black icing pens.
- On the plain butter icing you could create a ghost by adding eyes with a black icing pen, you could create eyeballs by using different coloured icing pens to add the pupil in the centre and veins surrounding the eye and you could also create a skull by decorating it with bright colours or black icing.
- On black buttercream you could create a bat by adding bright white icing eyes and yellow icing thangs.
FYI: If your wondering where I brought my cake toppers from – they’re from “Home Sense” in the kitchen isle. They are so cute, I couldn’t resist and honestly, they are such an amazing price of just £3.99.
These are just some simple, easy and quick ideas which could look so effective on your Halloween cupcakes!
I had so much fun creating these cupcakes for you, I really hope they inspire you somehow and you give them a go yourself.
I really hope your enjoying my #13DaysOfHalloween!
Sending you tons of love as always,
These looks so cute! Lovely idea x
Morgan | http://www.justmorgs.com
These look amazing! Super cool for Halloween
oh now I really want to make cakes!
yummy!! every occasion needs cupcakes!!