Is anyone even surprised at this point that I’m back again today sharing yet another muffin recipe? I highly doubt it, it’s part of my personality trait at this point haha.
You guys know me well enough by now to know that I’d be sharing a Christmas muffin recipe, how couldn’t i? It would be a god damn crime if I didn’t.
And boy oh boy, are you in for a treat with these little beauties.
If you’re a Terry’s chocolate orange lover, i can guarantee you’ll find yourself demolishing the entire batch of these muffins to yourself. I don’t think there’ll be much sharing involved once the taste of these muffins hit your taste buds, I really don’t (don’t worry, I won’t judge *wink wink*).
These have the incredibly delicious taste of a Terry’s chocolate orange, just with the added bonus of dried cranberries running throughout. I told you that you was in for a treat, didn’t I? I don’t lie about these things…
These are ridiculously quick and easy to make and decorate, they’ve got the most delicious taste and I can guarantee they’ll be loved by all who try them (if they get the chance that is haha).
So, if these muffins have caught your eye, you know the drill. Keep on scrolling below and you’ll find my recipe:
Category: Sweet Treat
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 Minutes
Decorating Time: 10 Minutes
Overall Time: 45 Minutes
Ingredients You Need For The Muffins:
- 240g Of Plain Flour
- 2tsp Of Baking Powder
- 200g Of Granulated Sugar
- Zest & Juice Of Two Oranges
- 120ml Of Semi-Skimmed Milk
- 120ml Of Vegetable Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- 200g Of Dried Cranberries
- 200g Of Dark Chocolate Chips
Ingredients You Need To Decorate:
- 50g Of Dark Chocolate
- Zest Of Half An Orange
How To Make The Muffins:
- Firstly, gather together your equipment and ingredients, line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases and preheat the oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas Mark 5.
- Secondly, in large bowl, mix together the 240g of plain flour, 2tsp of baking powder, 200g of dried cranberries and 200g of dark chocolate chips. Making sure the cranberries and dark choc chips are fully coated in flour. Then, set to one side.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the 200g of granulated sugar with the zest of two oranges for around 2 minutes, until combined and fragrant.
- Next, add the 120ml of semi-skimmed milk, 120ml of vegetable oil, juice of two oranges, 2tsp of vanilla extract and 2 large eggs to the sugar mixture and whisk well to combine.
- Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Divide the muffin batter between the 12 muffin cases.
- Place the muffins into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until a skewer placed into the centre comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool down completely.
How To Decorate The Muffins:
- Now that your muffins are cooled completely, let’s decorate.
- In a microwavable bowl, add the 50g of broken dark chocolate. Place the bowl into the microwave and in 20 second blasts, blast the chocolate until it’s completely melted.
- Place the melted chocolate into a piping bag, snip off the very tip of the piping bag and drizzle the chocolate over the top of muffins.
- Finally, divide and sprinkle the zest of one orange over the top of the 12 muffins.
That’s your Cranberry, Dark Chocolate & Orange Muffins prepared, baked and decorated, ready for you to enjoy this Christmas.
I just LOVE the simplicity of these muffins! There’s absolutely no hard work involved in either the baking or decorating of these muffins which is always a bonus, especially if your wanting to make these last minute!
My friends and family demolished the lot of these and I truly believe these won’t last 5 minutes in your household either. These are the perfect grab-as-you-go snack, or even a quick breakfast treat if your in a rush!
Perfect for every scenario.
Let me know in the comments below if you make these muffins yourself and if you do, what your thoughts are on them. Are you also a massive fan of this combination of flavours?
Sending you all tons of love & hugs as always,